Headquarters: Paris, France URL:
Are you a technologist with a passion for communication, an entrepreneurial drive, and the skill and mindset to teach and persuade?
If that sounds like you, you should join our team of talented engineers and content authors. We’re seeking a leader for our developer relations team, which focuses on discovering the challenges our users face, creating content that engages, explains, and informs, and evangelizing new ways of solving software development problems–with Platform.sh.
“Why doesn’t everything work like this?” isn’t just a marketing slogan we put on stickers (though we do that too). Platform.sh changes the way developers build and deploy software, reducing the drudgery and distraction of infrastructure management to a few lines of YAML. Our mission is to enable devs to spend their time focused on building–in whatever combination of languages and frameworks that suit them. Part of your mission will be to share the enthusiasm we have about the impact of Platform.sh with developers and technologists worldwide.
As the DevRel leader you’ll:
- Be a player-coach, serving a small team, but also being hands-on, trying new things, building example projects, interacting with users, and writing
- Produce your own content on a consistent basis
- Work directly with the VP of Marketing and other marketing and product leaders to determine strategy and tactics to reach and engage developer audiences
- Supervise the work of the DevRel team to drive consistent, high-quality engagement with the technical communities we need to reach, and help them continuously learn and improve
- Be a regular contributor to our Deploy Friday pod/webcast series
- Speak at webinars, events, and conferences (including in-person when pandemic restrictions subside)
- Develop working technical (code and documentation) examples of how to solve dev and devops problems uniquely with Platform.sh
- Surface user challenges and opportunities you and your team discover to other Platform.sh teams
What we’re looking for:
- A solid background in polyglot software development. Platform.sh is an end-to-end PaaS with support for numerous languages and frameworks. You’ll be responsible for telling developers a credible story regardless of their language of choice.
- Experience developing software that interacts with SaaS/PaaS/IaaS APIs
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Published written work with a technical audience focus. While past professional experience in DevRel or evangelism is awesome, examples from personal blogs or 3rd party sites and publications are fine too. Did we mention you need to be able to write? ;-)
- Demonstrable leadership experience (prior experience as a people manager is not required, but we’ll want to know how you lead groups/teams/communities)
Bonus points for:
- Past work with API-centric products or services
- Experience working with open source software communities
What we’d also love to see:
- Writing samples as attachments or links
- Your podcast, Twitch stream, Youtube channel, or other public communication channel if you have one
- Your Github
This role will report directly to the VP of Marketing (who is also secretly an ex-developer).
** This is a remote job.