As a Sr. Product Manager you will lead our product management for our digital language learning products for our K-12 English and World Language product portfolios. In this critical role, you will collaborate with stakeholders in Technology and across our collaborative and dynamic business to plan, design and execute strategies for our market leading products. As a key contributor, you will be closely involved with the implementation of industry standards across a variety of learning tools and systems as well as providing partner management for learning management system (LMS) and student information system (SIS) providers. We're looking for someone who enjoys brainstorming and finding elegant solutions to complex product challenges and who's looking to make an impact in education through technology.
- Manage digital product strategy, planning, design, development and delivery for our market leading K-12 digital products and integration services.
- Manage roadmap projects to ensure delivery, achieve requirements, and meet resourcing objectives.
- Write clear and concise requirements / stories for new features and functions, and ensure that UX and Engineering have the needed direction to develop these requirements and stories.
- Use data-driven, customer-centric product design processes and practices to bring the voice of the customer to life within our digital products.
- Get involved with and manage customer research and user testing with instructors and students, including demographics, workflow analysis, product design input and feedback, usage analytics, user acceptance testing, and market / trend analysis.
- Partner with leaders across Sales, Marketing, Support, and Technology to identify and define strategic priorities for K-12 digital products and integrations with partner and customer technologies and systems.
- Manage product integrations features, functions, and systems
- Act as the liaison with Sales, Marketing, and Support for product integrations and features, and work closely with customer technical administrators and educators to provide information, insight, and direction for product integration survey and inventory requests.
- Manage project schedules and budgets.
- Participate in product lifecycle engagements, including developer standups, stakeholder feature planning meetings, UX design reviews, and engineering iteration meetings. Manage feature releases and coordinate communication with customers and stakeholders.
- Support oversight and management of third-party partner and vendor relationships. Liaise with LMS providers and SIS partners
- Participate in sales and customer-facing events, including sales meetings, customer forums, and academic conferences.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Languages, Computer Science, or related disciplines or relevant experience. MA/MS or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years direct experience in product management with demonstrated success delivering enterprise applications within education or training markets. (experience in teaching or education is a strong plus)
- Experience with accessibility, privacy and universal design standards, practices and principles with knowledge of product integration standards, including IMS Global LTI, OneRoster, and Common Cartridge required
- A high degree of comfort presenting product related information to internal and external audiences
- Experience with successfully managing multiple, competing priorities while working towards an established goal/deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Product design, development and delivery experience with enterprise-scale, cloud-based, complex web applications required
- Preferred experience and success delivering enterprise web applications within education or training markets.
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Keen interest in education applications for technology and language learning.
- Experience contributing to and supporting executive level business strategy.
- Travel up to 20%
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we're not just another publisher. We're the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We're passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, commuter pass subsidies, PTO and paid holidays. Plus we offer all sorts of fun perks such as virtual fitness and mindfulness classes and much more!
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.