FRDM · Feb 7th 2021
Headquarters: Lafayette, CA URL: https://frdm.co
Your job will be to help us design, build and scale our growing platform and network.
One of the greatest indicators of a brand’s value is how it procures its goods and services. Social and environmental risks are embedded in every supply chain, from the Fortune 500 to the local coffee shop. Our FRDM platform helps businesses of any size and sector measure and mitigate risk, like child labor, from their supply chain. We measure risk across their entire supplier network, even down to raw materials. FRDM currently influences over $100B in B2B commerce, and we are just getting started. We are literally changing the world.
You will get to:
· Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code, usually utilizing the Rails framework.
· Develop user-facing elements that are a primary input to our RoR applications.
· Integrate data from external sources, gathered both via API and DOM traversing.
· Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
· Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
· Participate in architecture and refactoring work.
· Upskill team members
· High level knowledge of Ruby on Rails with a strong understanding of Rails fundamentals.
· Knowledge of common design patterns and how they can applied to Ruby and Rails.
· Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
· Experience working with APIs, both integrating a third-party API and creating your own when necessary.
· Experience using SQL and SQL databases, going beyond interactions managed via ActiveRecord.
· REACT, Angular or other frameworks
· An understanding of source control, particularly git and Github.
· Experience writing automated tests.
To be Successful:
· Experience with Amazon AWS, particularly RDS and S3.
· Experience working in a team using Agile development and project management practices.
· A basic knowledge of CDNs and the role they fill, including edge computing capabilities.
· Ability to OWN your realm of responsibility.
· Ruby on Rails: 5 years (Required)
· APIs: 3 years (Required)
· CSS3: 3 years (Required)
· HTML5: 3 years (Required)
· SQL: 3 year (Required)
Benefits and Perks
Blend of competitive salary and equity commensurate with your experience
Flexible time off
Fun and positive environment in which you literally get to change the world