Headquarters: Los Angeles URL:
We're looking for a talented VP, Engineering to join Bankjoy! This leader will define, embody, and empower the company’s technology culture. They will be responsible for attracting and retaining high-caliber software engineers and managers focused on innovation and rapid iteration.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the engineering team, while driving efficiency as the team quickly expands.
- Manage, build and motivate Bankjoy’s engineering organization
- Set the technical vision for Bankjoy. As a member of the leadership team, and leader of one of the most critical functions at the company, play a critical role in determining technical and company strategy.
- Architect a robust engineering system to build a seamless platform to support multiple products.
- Create an engineering culture that strikes the right balance between technical quality and the speed necessary for our stage.
- Grow and nurture teams as needed, hire, promote, manage and mentor leaders for each of them.
- Run a best-in-class engineering process to maximize work quality and team productivity.
- Keep and grow our engineering culture, focus on building the best product and providing value.
- Keep yourself, team leads and Engineering as a whole accountable at all times.
- Focus on results while thinking strategically and balancing both short and long term strategies.
- Partner with the leaders, especially Growth and Product, to make sure Engineering is contributing at maximum capacity toward achieving our vision.
- Facilitate delivery of cross team initiatives.
What you bring:
- Strong leader abilities and behavior that bias towards results.
- Comfortable as a high performing leader building and managing large teams (20+ engineers), including managers.
- Extensive management experience, of IC and of managers
- Strong network and ability to hire from it
- High degree of ownership and autonomy
- Belief in our mission and potential big outcome
- Experience partnering with a product organization, developing processes and directing engineers in product development
- Experience leading technical teams that align with our eng culture/process (rapid iteration)
- Strongly resonate with our product vision and mission
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Stock options at a well-funded startup in high growth
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Flexible PTO policy
- Performance-based bonuses
Equal Employment Opportunities at Bankjoy
Bankjoy is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Bankjoy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.