Headquarters: USA URL:
Shogun is on a mission to help brands create the best ecommerce experiences in the world, and in the process, become the world's best remote company.
We've been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices - we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely. Location
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in North America. We Need…
A Leader to join our team and build out our partnerships strategy with critical ecommerce partners including vertical solutions like Klaviyo and ecommerce platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento for Shogun Frontend and Page Builder. We’re looking for individuals that start by delivering differentiated experiences with partnerships and drawn out successful joint go to market programs with partners. This isn’t simply a relationship or business development role, you and your team will set direction for a squad of engineers and designers to drive partnerships initiatives forward.
We’re looking for individuals with a track record of driving and launching transformative products at scale and rallying the business - from frontline to execs - to deliver impact for customers and ultimately results. In this role, you will lay the foundation for tech partnerships at Shogun, and all eyes will be on you to drive clarity and make hard choices in a fast-moving environment.
We are looking for individuals that naturally identify customer pain points, champion them with qualitative and quantitative data to partners, build business cases for investment, and drive solutions that account not only for the technical teams but also GTM. You will work closely with our co-founders, CTO and VP of Product on delivering the best of breed solutions that ecommerce customers demand.
In This Role You Will...
- Manage the tech partnerships roadmap— effectively prioritize potential projects from various inputs so the team is focused on the highest leverage projects.
- Reflect the voice of the customer to all stakeholders across the business by acquiring customer empathy through direct and indirect customer research
- Drive accountability for results through quantitative and qualitative success metrics
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
- Ultimately, deliver products that Shogun clients love
Skills You Have
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management and/or Technical Partnerships roles
- A connector of people and ideas - building relationships with people and organizations is not only a skill but a trait that you embody
- Design thinking comes to you naturally - a natural desire to work backwards from the customer problem and constantly check assumptions
- Proven experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions
- Familiarity with fundamental web technologies including but not limited to JAMstack, Progressive Web Applications, and Content Management Systems - bonus points for articulating “Headless”
- A working understanding of the ecommerce landscape such as the major platform players and modular components that merchants rely on to grow their businesses
Traits You Demonstrate
- Highly driven and entrepreneurial personality with the ability to get stuff done while maintaining attention to detail
- Desire to meet people where they are with information and context in order to bring the whole team along on the journey
- Passion for solving customer problems, big and small, and the ability to leave your ego at the door with better information
- The ability to rally people and the organization around major initiatives. We love to see people that drive change through peers!
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship. Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description.