Headquarters: Berlin, Germany URL:
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and, with more than 15 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews - komoot is on its way to becoming one of the most popular cycling and hiking apps.
To make komoot.com the place to go for people around the world to plan their outdoor adventures, we’re looking for an ambitious web developer to join our fully remote team of 66 people.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Develop end-to-end solutions including concept, road map planning, implementation, testing, deployment, and monitoring
- Team up with Evan and Ben to build a state-of-the-art web app on a growing team that serves over 4 million users per month
- Create web features on one of our cross-functional squads of backend developers, mobile developers, designers, copywriters, SEO, QA, data scientists, and product experts
- Release frequently with continuous builds, testing and direct team feedback
Why you will love it
- You’ll tangibly enable millions of people to plan and experience authentic outdoor adventures
- We believe good ideas count more than titles
- You’ll work from wherever you want as long as it’s in a timezone between UTC-1 and UTC+3, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, or a co-working space of your choice, covered by us
- You’ll work on challenging tasks, such as complex maps or community features in a highly interactive UI
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people
- You’ll travel together with our team (when safe & legal) to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
- You’ll build and improve a service that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor trips
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to learn and improve
- Love to develop awesome products with a focus on great user experience
- Have 2+ years of professional experience in developing high quality production ReactJS
- Know how to build scalable web apps with NodeJS and how to run them on cloud computing platforms like AWS
- Have experience with continuous integration, deployment and monitoring
- Are a great communicator in a diverse international and fully remote team
Sound like you?
We want to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, links, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one