Headquarters: Orlando, Florida, United States URL: https://www.finexio.com
Finexio is simplifying the way businesses make and receive business payments by integrating electronic payments and cashflow improvement solutions directly into customers' business process software. Finexio has raised $30m in venture capital and serves hundreds of customers in the business payments industry.
Our vision is a world in which finance leaders only have to decide "what" to pay- Finexio's software seamlessly handles the "how" and the "when".
As Director of Data Analytics and Insights at Finexio, you will be responsible for oversee all aspects of data operations (e.g. data engineering, business intelligence, data science, analysis, and insights). The candidate will be working closely with product, engineering, operations, supplier enablement, and marketing teams to deliver insights and data solutions designed to optimize Finexio's business performance as well as our customer's ability to gain value by working with Finexio.
This role requires a strong background in implementing enterprise data strategies in areas including data foundations, governance, advance analytical solutions, and augmented intelligence and the best candidate will have excellent ability in understanding and communicating the larger picture behind how data drives a business.
- Own development and maintenance of company-level KPI, accompanying core metrics and a suite of analytical roadmaps to generate and mature product playbooks to drive business growth.
- Gather requirements from business stakeholders (product, marketing, analytics) and effectively translates them into a data environment that supports business needs.
- Lead a team that collaborates with business and technology to understand business questions, identify the right data sources and techniques and then, prepare data, develop and train models, develop algorithms (predictive and machine learning), present findings and results, and add to a library of re-usable assets.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with business stakeholders, leadership, and executives
- Foster a culture of data fluency across the organization by putting actionable data into the hands of your colleagues.
- Oversee the design and maintenance of data pipeline and data-warehouses (PostgreSQL) included tool selection.
- Ensure the integrity of batch and real-time data pipelines to ingest and process data from various sources such as product backends, third party platforms, etc.
- Proactively identify challenges and new opportunities as it relates to data infrastructure, tools, and processes.
- Generate insights from users across each step of the customer and supplier journeys (Acquisition, Activation, Retention, and Monetization).
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for identifying problems or events related to data discrepancies or changes and KPI trends
- Work with team members on setting department OKRs and aligns goals cross-functionally
The ideal candidate is:
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data.
- Familiar with working within a goal driven OKR/KPI environment that ties business activities to objective, measurable business results.
- A strong communicator written and verbal. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings.
- Has the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences in an engaging and inspirational manner.
- Is unblockable. You understand how to build end-to-end data-driven solutions and can coach individuals and work across teams to drive best practices for data transformation, product analytics, experimentation practices, statistical modeling and machine learning.
- Enjoys and have experience working within a fast paced, high intensity environment within a rapidly growing organization- you thrive in the hectic dynamism that comes with being a leader within the entrepreneurial environment of a startup.
Required and Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other relevant field
- Master's degree in a STEM or similarly quantitative field strongly preferred
- 7+ years of working experience in a data analytics or data warehousing department
- 3+ years of experience managing and bringing together personnel and building teams with data analytics, reporting, and warehousing skills, guiding them through successful execution and delivery
- Experience in communicating and working with to senior leadership in the company.
- Equal ease of working across the spectrum of the organization
- Strong experience in data native companies preferred (where data is already part of the DNA of how leaders and teams work)
- Ability to lead the tracking of OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) across the organization
- Experience with cloud-based data warehousing solutions
- Must also have experience with relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Must be highly proficient in SQL and Python
- Experience building a robust reporting infrastructure through business intelligence platforms like Looker, Power BI, or Tableau
- Experience working within financial services, fintechs, payments processing strongly preferred
Why You'll Love Working at Finexio:
- Culture: We are a humble, client-first team that is focused on collaborative data-driven success.
- Speed: We move fast, love new ideas and give you the opportunity to push your limits.
- Growth: We are expanding rapidly into new markets, launching new services and creating a world-class company.
What We Offer:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders.
- An environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make a real, measurable impact
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy