Headquarters: The Art of Education University URL:
The Art of Education University (AOEU) is seeking a highly-skilled Digital Marketing Manager to bring people, data, and ideas together to turn a great product into a market-leading solution. This is a right- and left-brain type of role where in a single day you could go from analyzing pipeline data to building a marketing campaign for growing FLEX Curriculum and PRO Learning at the district level. The Digital Marketing Manager position will report directly to the Director of Marketing and Customer Experience and own and execute ideas — from crafting the messaging to building campaigns. At the completion of a test or campaign, the Digital Marketing Manager will measure, track, and provide detailed reporting on the impact of our growth marketing efforts.
The Details | Digital Marketing Manager |
- This position is responsible for the creation, execution, management, and optimization of marketing strategies to build awareness, drive interest, and increase enrollments for all AOEU Programs and Courses.
- Guide and direct internal team and external agency(s) in the development and execution of paid search, SEO, account-based marketing (ABM), display, paid social, and webinars.
- Enable admissions/student services through coaching and operationalizing messaging and communication methods.
- Maintain a culture of collaboration. Break down silos to make the student journey the most effective from top-of-funnel to retention.
- Work closely with creative services to develop web and physical creative necessary to support demand generation.
- Provide ongoing reporting to the Director of Marketing and Customer Engagement and Dean of Admissions & Student Services, showing marketing performance by program and analysis of trends with an emphasis on ideas for innovation and improvement. Identify new data points and/or avenues for measuring marketing effectiveness.
- Write conversion copy for email, landing pages, chat, and in-app suggestions and notifications.
- Develop a strategy with sales, school success, marketing, and product leaders to create a customer-centric lead generation engine.
- Develop campaigns and supplemental materials aligned to sales and school success and translate them into sales sequences, one-pagers, and presentations.
Analytics and Reporting:
- Track and analyze the performance and funnel metrics related to all efforts to continually optimize the performance of our campaigns.
- Provide recommendations to the content team for articles and podcasts that improve SEO and SEM ranking for Master’s Program & courses.
- Optimize SEO, SEM, and social advertising for master’s program & courses.
- Develop case studies, identify customer stories, and report student success data for team members to leverage and drive compelling conversations.
- Prospect call and email coaching to ensure consistent messaging that adds value and uncovers potential impact for AOEU.
- Provide feedback and recommendations for our academic pipelines: targeting criteria, strategy, engagement, messaging, objection handling, and execution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Pace and change: Understand the stresses and risks in organizational change and how to mobilize the organization behind new campaigns.
- High aptitude for problem-solving and collaboration to effectively work with other leaders, customers, and stakeholders to evolve AOEU’s messaging
- Experience with key evaluation metrics that drive pipeline and campaign prioritization
- Experience with leading the development and use of digital platforms and technology products (HubSpot, Google Analytics, WordPress, social platforms, etc.)
- Demonstrated capacity to manage and optimize existing product campaigns
- Experience in higher-ed marketing to adult learners preferred.
- Understanding of compliance in higher-education & teacher licensure preferred.
The duties of this position are typical of those performed in the home office setting with normal ranges of temperature. The majority of tasks will be performed while sitting at a desk.
- Position requires considerable concentration and focus throughout the day.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift items such as laptops, monitors, and the like.
- When traveling:
- The ability to lift or push your suitcase.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 25-50 lbs of presentation materials for customers or for conference presentations, etc.
VISUAL and TACTILE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to view computer screens for significant periods of time. The Art of Education University is an online university. Therefore 95-98% of one’s time will be on or using technology.
- Ability to use a laptop keyboard with accuracy.
- Ability to hear at normal levels and through electronic devices such as laptops, earbuds, phones, and the like.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Marketing or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in a similar position(s) driving growth and maintaining a consistent track record within the enterprise SaaS space
- Experience working in a remote capacity is strongly preferred
- Passion for experimentation and presenting results (and experimenting again)
- Builds data-informed demand generation strategies
- Writes marketing copy and crafting messaging for campaigns
- Builds highly targeted campaigns with sophisticated automation
- Knows A/B and multivariate testing methodologies
- Possesses experience with web analytics and conversion optimization tools and the ability to work with large data sets
- Comfortable with front-end web development (CSS, HTML, PHP)
Compensation and Benefits
Structured as a full-time, exempt, and salaried position, this individual will report directly to Nolan Denker, Director of Marketing and Customer Experience. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. Payroll is issued on a monthly basis paid on the 15th of the month.
Group healthcare plans are available. The Art of Education University will contribute 100% for full-time health, dental, and vision, employee-only coverage. Family coverage is available at an additional premium.
The Art of Education University offers participation, upon hire, of a 401K plan with up to a 4% match of employee contributions.
Appropriate and up-to-date technology is provided.
Unlimited self-managed PTO is offered to full-time members of AOEU. Extended vacations must be pre-approved. Flexibility exists so long as responsibilities are fulfilled and careful planning and communication are evident.
Persons interested in applying should complete the application form linked below. Applicants are required to submit a short 1-3 minute video explaining why they would like to be considered for the position and why they are uniquely qualified. Failure to submit a video will automatically eliminate you from the application process.
Candidates who make it to Round 2 of the application process will be required to complete a packet for review, prior to their scheduled interview time.
Finalists will have one final culture interview with the President of the University.
All applicants and candidates will be notified of the status of their application.
- Interested applicants should complete the application and upload a current resume by December 5, 2020.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be notified as applications are submitted.
- Anticipated position start date: December 14, 2020