Headquarters: Santa Monica, CA URL:
Our SaaS platform is used by millions of people every month and our Platform Services team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to collaborate on a critical part of the platform. This team builds business critical platforms and services that allow ReCharge to run applications reliably at scale, providing ReCharge Engineering with forward-looking tech stack components that take advantage of the cloud (tech stack 2.0).
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Memcached
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Write code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams across the company to build new features or update existing ones at scale, as well as understand roadmap priorities.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work on and/or with asynchronous and eventing workflows, serverless, 12-factor applications, webhooks, rate limiting and token management.
- Building new services that scale; deploy code daily.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 7+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Experience building out scalable APIs and services
- Expert knowledge of one of the following languages: Python (preferred), Nodejs, Ruby
- Experience with RabbitMq, Kafka, or other cloud based eventing and messaging solutions
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, pub-sub architectures, serverless
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired