Headquarters: London, UK URL:
The payments landscape is changing rapidly with hundreds of ways to accept payments online globally. Primer needs to be a constant in a world where new payment methods and services are being unveiled regularly. Given the plethora of innovation in this space, payments has never been more complex to implement and maintain.
We need you to help us create the ultimate payments infrastructure, geared towards engineers and offering the best possible developer experience. Imagine - one awesome payments integration which can do it all! No small feat, but we've got the blueprint if you've got the talent.
We're looking for a highly skilled Frontend Engineer to join our remote-first "Workflows" team to develop our next-generation user interfaces. "Workflows" enable non-developers to build complex routing between third-party services. Ensuring the experience is engaging, powerful, and easy to use is paramount to the adoption of this feature which will power payments for the biggest merchants on the planet.
Primer is changing the payments narrative, reducing the barriers to working effectively with a wide variety of third party services (both payments and non-payments specific). You’ll be amongst the earliest members of this team, helping to shape the direction of the product as a whole.
What will you be doing?
- Completely rethinking how merchants route payments across third-party services
- Implementing and optimising a complex user interface for describing and configuring payment flows
- Designing and leading the delivery of new features for our product suite, and helping us create an awesome developer experience for external partners
- Working in close collaboration with our product, infrastructure and backend teams to deliver excellent and robust user-facing products
- Developing deep payments expertise, always looking for ways to optimise our merchant-facing APIs to improve developer experience
- Creating first-class documentation for our customers, partners, as well as internal teams
What are we looking for?
- Familiarity with implementing complex interactions while maintaining a flawless frame rate
- Experience with Rest APIs, GraphQL, styled-components and framer-motion would be desirable
- Passion for beautiful, maintainable and well-tested code
- Motivation - a self-starter who values autonomy and gets things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced and remote environment
How we work:
- We predominantly communicate over Slack
- We conduct daily standups over Zoom
- We encourage open discussion and debate, and place tremendous value on pragmatism and optimising for output
- We value: design, documentation, test coverage, documentation, code review, documentation, CI/CD, documentation, user experience and documentation
- All expenses paid bi-annual get-togethers
- Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- Share options offered as part of package
- Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- Books + other learning resources on us