Headquarters: Remote URL:
TaxJar is an award winning sales tax automation platform, empowering over 20,000 businesses to sell online by calculating, collecting, and filing sales tax correctly. We are a high growth company with the goal of making e-commerce easier for everyone.
We stand by our core values in everything we do:
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We’re a team, built on trust
- We’re proud to be remote
- We’re in control of our own destiny
Want to know more about the makeup of our team?
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We have an immediate opening for an AutoFile Trainer to help us move the needle at TaxJar by coordinating and conducting training sessions for our growing AutoFile team.
Please note that we are not able to sponsor any type of international visa at this time.
As an AutoFile Trainer for TaxJar you will:
- Schedule and conduct training sessions for AutoFile contractors and FTE’s.
- Lead online and video conference call training sessions.
- Keep training programs vibrant and entertaining to engage trainees.
- Create training materials and ensure they incorporate any recent procedural or system changes.
- Recommend strategies to increase training accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Evaluate the performance of trainees during training sessions.
- Create monitoring strategies to ensure trainees perform their job duties in accordance with their training.
- Research state filing requirements to provide accurate training.
- Maintain a database to accurately catalog who was trained and the type of training provided.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A compelling public speaker with exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex topics effectively.
- Solid understanding of the filing process for every state, sales tax terminology.
- Ability to be an active listener and engage trainees in discussions during educational sessions.
- Strong process and documentation skills, with the ability to create training materials and presentations.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, with superior attention to detail.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills along with the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Be accountable to your coach.
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation
- Company holidays, plus mandatory Birthday holiday
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees
- 4 hours volunteer time per month
- Biannual all-company in person summits (paid for by us, of course!)
- $250 Home office stipend
- 401k Plan
- Equity in a profitable company
- Monthly perks reimbursement to appreciate your teammates, Netflix, Amazon Prime, gym membership, home internet etc.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.