Headquarters: Jeffersonville, IN URL:
The Five Star Software Developer provides high-quality software products to our clients through productive collaboration and conversation with other members of the Five Star Development team. In addition, they will independently meet self-directed and department set goals/timelines for software development projects.
Five Star Software Developers will work remotely (U.S. Residents Only) and report to the Director of Software Development.
- Learns quickly and able to grasp complicated topics
- Knows about and is comfortable with modern, progressive architectures, platforms, and languages.
- Significant development experience with PHP. Experience with Laravel is a strong plus.
- Experience with SQL. You've designed database schemas with an emphasis on scalability and performance.
- Working knowledge of Git. You've collaborated with other developers.
- Experience using Linux systems. You're comfortable using the command line.
- Knowledge of other languages a strong plus.
- Strong OO understanding and design principles
- This is a more backend and data focused role but frontend experience is helpful
- Excellent background with professional appearance and communication skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and/or independently with minimal supervision, guidance, and taking ownership of a task.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Enjoys building and improving software and receives satisfaction knowing users are happy.
- Possesses a drive to constantly improve upon your own work.
- Commonly thinks "How do I make this work more efficient and better?"
- Prior experience working remotely full-time.
Specific Technical Stack Experience:
- PHP 7.0+
- Python 3.7+
- RDBMS, MySQL, working with large databases
- Laravel, Slim, ZF2, Symfony
- SOLID principles
- Agile and SCRUM Methodology
- RESTful Web Services
- Software Lifecycle
- AWS/GCP experience
- Atlassian suite of products