Breakthrough is seeking a Data Science Engineer. This position will be part of the Technology Solutions team based in Green Bay, WI. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about data science and machine learning exploration and solution building.
This role will work closely with our engineering team to identify solutions, rapidly prototype and build enterprise solutions that integrate with our product platform. The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in running analytical experiments in a methodical manner and will regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. This is the perfect opportunity to become a part of an innovative and energetic team that develops analysis tools which will influence both our products and our clients.
- Build machine learning models to make accurate predictions about the future based on past data. Pursue ideas and experiment to find interesting patterns and trends in the data that add value and create new business insights.
- Design, build and test hypothesis with algorithms and machine learning methods.
- Design requirement driven data models to support the enterprise product development and leverage a proprietary data lake structure.
- Acquire, analyze, combine, synthesize and store data from a wide range of internal and external sources.
- Bring a solid understanding of supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods.
- Strong understanding of statistics and the ability to critically evaluate statistical models.
- Communicate complex data analysis results clearly and understandably to business leaders and peers.
What qualities are we looking for?
- An individual who is passionate about data science with an inquisitive nature and drive to seek answers through data.
- An individual who strives for excellence with a laser focus on team communication and facilitation of ideas.
- An individual with a proactive attitude who works well in a fast-paced team environment.
- An individual who communicates and collaborates well with IT and business teams.
- A critical thinker with good problem-solving skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills to express oneself clearly both verbally and in writing. Persistent, active listening skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of project issues.
- An individual that can work both at the strategic level and at the tactical level, holding others accountable while building team rapport and engagement.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships throughout the organization.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field and 5+ years of experience in a similar Data Science role.
- Proven experience with R, Python, SQL, TensorFlow, Jupyter and ML Methods (e.g. Random Forests, Neural Nets).
- Deep understanding of distributed data management systems and related applications
- Mastery of data lake design and implementation considerations such as columnar storage formats and partitioning.
- Experience working with and extracting value from large, disconnected and/or unstructured datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to build processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipeline technologies involving git repositories, static code analysis, test-driven development etc.
- Automated analysis optimizations based on performance metrics.
- Experience with GCP technologies or related Cloud technology experience.
- Experience with analytics tools such as Apache Beam, Spark, JupyterLab, etc.
- Experience with modern infrastructure as code technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Terrraform, and Airflow.
- Excellent teamwork, coordination, influencing and communication skills.
**ABOUT BREAKTHROUGH:**Breakthrough is the expert in managing the energy and information that fuels the movement of goods globally. We use our patented technology and industry knowledge to create transportation energy and supply chain management strategies for the world's leading shippers. We remove the waste associated with distorted supply chain practices and reveal data-driven insights to give our clients a competitive advantage in their supply chains.
WHY WORK AT BREAKTHROUGH? See our SMART, PASSIONATE, and EDGY team in action: