Headquarters: San Francisco URL: http://www.constructor.io
Constructor.io's mission is to help our customers build great search & product discovery experiences that drive growth by anticipating their users’ needs. Our product managers are charged with understanding eCommerce usage and empathizing with our customers to shape the future of Constructor.io's product -- and eCommerce more broadly.
We are seeking an exceptional Technical Product Manager to lead our Data Science and ML product engineering teams, composed of a talented team of engineers working at the cutting edge of machine learning in eCommerce.
The ideal candidate will have some familiarity with common data science algorithms, but more importantly, a deep understanding of the typical approaches, drawbacks and gotchas in machine learning optimization and model deployment. An excellent grasp of data analysis, statistics and a/b testing is critical.
Recognizing that novel user interfaces can sometimes be as effective as the best algorithms, you will also have responsibility to envision new approaches to solve eCommerce product discovery challenges using data and to work cross-functionally to deliver these.
Day-to-day you will:
- Work with the engineering team to prioritize work towards stability and reliability, conversion optimization opportunities and new customer-facing features.
- Help ask the questions and define the problems that focus the team on the highest leverage optimization opportunities.
- Define KPIs and metrics by which the data science and ML product engineering team success will be measured.
- Balance the potential benefit of one-off or customer-specific work against team goals and longer-term priorities.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the quality and integrity of the data that the Data Science and ML product engineering teams rely on.
- Identify the best approaches to communicate the success and improvements from Constructor's optimizations to customers.
You would be a good fit if:
- You have worked closely with data scientists and/or data engineers previously.
- You have exceptional analytical abilities and can effectively marshal data to drive decisions.
- You have exceptional technical understanding -- bonus points if you have previous experience with search solutions.
- You seek an entrepreneurial environment and have a track record of delivering results in a high-growth environment.
- You have demonstrated success working with teams including a significant number of remote members, particularly in engineering roles.
- You are motivated to deliver value reliably in production and aren't satisfied with "it works in theory" solutions.
- You are collaborative, value learning and want to accomplish great things.
Constructor.io powers product search and discovery for some of the largest eCommerce retailers, serving billions of requests every year. We differentiate ourselves by solving the hard problem of ranking and behavioral optimization of product results on our customers' behalf. We have grown several hundred percent YoY for the last 3 years and have customers in every eCommerce vertical, such as: Sephora, Gildan, Motosport, Backcountry and many more -- both domestic as well as foreign.
Promoting a diverse and inclusive culture of learning is core to Constructor.io's values. Constructor.io is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics or Economics, or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of experience as a Technical Product Manager, or mix of prior experience as engineer and product manager.
- Understanding of the most common machine learning algorithms.
- Keen awareness of the many pitfalls in ML optimization and model deployment.
- An excellent grasp of data analysis, statistics and a/b testing.
- Unlimited vacation time
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Company sponsored health coverage
- Work with smart people who will help you grow and make a meaningful impact
- Remote friendly to individuals within a few time zones of US PST