Headquarters: Seattle, WA URL: https://shopmoment.com
Moment is the fastest growing marketplace for creatives. We carry the gear creatives recommend, sell video lessons from the pros, and run photo trips around the world. More than just an online store we also make our own gear from photo and video to work and travel, we’re building lines of products that creatives love.
We are looking for another mechanical to join our talented product team. In particular an engineer who loves working on small, high volume consumer products with intricate engineering problems.
What You’ll Be Working On Shipping new products and improving our existing ones. As a user-centric, design-minded team, we prioritize quality over quantity. Our work is a constant collaboration between design and engineering — no barriers or separate teams — just like minded people working to create the best product possible. We believe that great design requires great engineering, and vice versa. Your general areas of focus will include:
- Working with the team to generate new concepts and product technology
- Creating and refining advanced mechanisms and interfaces for mobile photography
- Prototyping and testing concepts/ideas/experiments
- Strong collaboration in a team environment with other designers and engineers
- Design for manufacturing and materials analysis
- Working with our suppliers to manufacture products timely and efficiently
- Tracking issues and improvements across product lines
- Defining test standards and durability specs
- Interfacing with customers about product quality issues and identifying ways to fix
- Design of small mechanisms, advanced phone cases, and other mechanical parts
- Estimating time/hours to complete projects, as well as budgeting
You need these qualifications Beyond being passionate about mobile photography we are looking for the following experiences:
- 3+ years of mechanical engineering experience, preferably in consumer electronics/phone accessories
- Experience in design for manufacturability is required.
- Experience in Asia working through manufacturing with suppliers.
- Fluent in Solidworks CAD software
- Used to a collaborative development environment.
- Product validation experience (i.e. creating drawings and defining test requirements)
- Solid communication skills to collaborate with team and suppliers
- Remote, but based in Seattle is preferred.
Compensation And Benefits The Moment culture is about ownership so the more you take on the more you make. Otherwise, we keep compensation simple...
- A competitive salary.
- Equity in the company.
- Medical insurance or $600 per month to do what you want.
- Flexible Schedule: Work when you want, as long you finish work on time and set teammates up for success.
- Free Moment gear & discounts on our whole store.
- A $500 stipend per year to spend on your own equipment.
- Three company offsites per year.
- Unlimited vacation.
Are you in?