Headquarters: Kitchener, Ontario URL:
Smile is the largest provider of rewards programs in the world. We reward tens of millions of people every year, and power rewards programs for thousands of businesses around the world.
We’re growing our Finance team, and looking for someone to partner with our CFO to effectively manage our fast-scaling business! You might already know that you want to be a tech CFO someday, or you might be looking for a role that'll give you exposure to more areas of the business so you can figure that out. If either of those scenarios sound like you, this may be the role you're looking for.
The challenge in this role is variety & prioritization - you'll be expected to contribute to strategic financial work, financial analysis & reporting as well as day-to-day operational work like AP & AR. This is a true partner role where you'll dive into every aspect of the financial operations of Smile and share the load with the CFO.
- Learn the business - how does Smile delight our merchants?
- Tackle financial reporting - your recent technical accounting experience will be a huge asset to Smile!
- Be a strategic partner to functional leaders to support modelling, forecasting, and other analysis needs
- Manage budgets, forecasts, and expenses
- Ongoing reporting for Board of Directors, internal leaders, and regulatory bodies
- Manage day-to-day business operations such as AP, AR, and Payroll
What we're looking for:
- Technical Accounting knowledge - you are fluent with current Canadian accounting rules & regulations. If you've passed your certification exams within the past few years, or you've spent time recently in an accounting firm, you're probably all set here!
- Extremely strong Excel skills for modelling - you can teach us a few things!
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem solving skills, to identify problems, generate solutions and decide on a course of action
- Team player with a track record of taking ownership and demonstrating initiative and creativity
- Strong communication skills
- Detail-oriented with an analytical mindset
- A couple of years of work experience in a tech company would be ideal, (but not mandatory) - you've seen how software businesses work and can dive right in at Smile based on that context.
- BONUS: If you've recently gone through the process of choosing & implementing a new G/L system, that would be wonderful, but this is not a core requirement, so don't worry if you haven't done it before.
As part of our application process, we are asking you to include a 5-10 minute video of yourself presenting the following:
- What do you consider to be the most important SaaS metrics we should be monitoring as a business?
- What do you think are the key drivers of those SaaS metrics?
- What are some ideas you might have for a business like ours to improve those drivers?