Headquarters: London URL:
ABOUT THE JOB
We Make Websites are a Shopify Plus only agency with offices in New York and London. Our team of 60+ design and develop e-commerce sites for some of the world's largest companies. Brands including: Hasbro, Crabtree & Evelyn, BBC, Aarmy, Paul Valentine, David Beckham Eyewear, Bulletproof, Revant Optics, Missoma, Harper Collins and The Economist.
As a front-end developer, you'll be working as part of a cross-functional team of developers, designers, solutions consultants and agile project managers, to build best-in-class e-commerce websites on Shopify Plus.
Your job will see you working closely with our team of UX/UI designers bringing their designs to life, creating exceptional e-commerce experiences: from high-converting homepages to perfectly crafted product pages.
You'll be doing this alongside a talented team of developers, using a continually evolving set of modern front-end tooling.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+ (SCSS)
- Experience building high-quality, responsive layouts and with smooth interactions, transitions and animations
- Ability to apply best practice modular web development
- Fluency with version control and Git flows
- Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them
- Awareness of web performance best-practice, developing for accessibility and SEO
- Experience with cross-browser and device testing websites
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you have...
- Passion for design
- Knowledge of Continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with Vue.js
- Experience with Figma, Invision or Sketch
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, Hybris or Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Salary based on experience.
- 15 days vacation + your birthday off + public holidays
- Accrue 1 holiday day per year served, uncapped
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- We are a social bunch so expect to have fun with monthly team socials and an annual company-wide event.
- The opportunity to travel to and work at our New York and London offices.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment.
- We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Apply using the button below.
No recruiters, please.