OUR MISSION In today’s world we experience a global shift to offline experiences over products. Following this trend, bookingkit is set to digitise and develop tours&activities industry in Europe. Our API partners include connections to top-tier providers such as Google, GetYourGuide and TripAdvisor. Due to our market position we have the possibility to set and influence industry standards and are actively engaged in committees steering this development.
We are actively looking for a new Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d) to join our team as soon as possible. You will have the chance to not only work on a SaaS system, but also shape the eCommerce experience of thousands of our customers and thus millions of consumers. Your work will have a direct impact on the future success of our product.
IN A NUTSHELL
Level - ★★★★☆
Your future gear - Mac or Windows laptop (private use allowed)
Remote option - Work from wherever you are in Germany, while enjoying quarterly team events with all bookingkids in Berlin
Perks - Flexible work time, pet friendly office, breakfast, snacks & fruits 24/7, Company BBQs, Team events, Sport leagues, relocation support… and more!
MORE ABOUT YOUR DAY-TO-DAY
- As a Software Engineer (mainly PHP and Golang) you are reporting directly to our Head of Product.
- You are part of the Engineering team at bookingkit and will be working closely together with product managers and UX designers to conceptualize and build innovative and scalable software for our customers.
- You will build scalable services in Golang, as well as improve existing systems in PHP (Laravel and Yii).
- Based on your experience, your knowledge in DevOps processes, AWS environments, ReactJS/VueJS or ReactNative will come in handy.
- bookingkit is building the leading infrastructure for tours & activities in Europe. Thus, at our core we are a B2B2C company, driven by SaaS and APIs. You will have the chance to not only work on a SaaS system, but also the eCommerce experience of thousands of our customers and thus millions of consumers.
- Our API partners include connections to top-tier providers such as Google, GetYourGuide and TripAdvisor. Due to our market position we have the possibility to set and influence industry standards and are actively engaged in committees steering this development. We are in the unique position to be the market leader for infrastructure technology and now need to develop our platform in that direction as well.
- Your role is to be part of the change from a mostly monolithic PHP driven structure to a (micro-)service driven structure using state of the art technology, like Golang.
- In order to succeed on that mission we are recruiting top tier engineers to support us on our path.
- Build and launch scalable, production-ready software.
- Collaborate with product managers & UX designers during product exploration to give context on feasibility.
- Contribute to the product, software architecture, infrastructure, tech stack, as well as the user experience.
- Share your knowledge and experience with other engineers.
- Working experience of at least 4 years.
- You are experienced in Golang and PHP and frameworks like Laravel or Yii.
- You have worked with RESTful APIs and have a sound understanding of MySQL.
- You strive for high code quality, are no stranger to design patterns and love to write automated tests.
- You are fluent in English and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a high level.
- Experience with AWS/DevOps would definitely be a plus.
- Knowledge of frontend technologies would also be beneficial.
- We invest in your future: We care about individualized personal and professional development. After 6 months, we provide you with a development budget of up to 1000 € plus an extra day off for training and development purposes. Frequent feedback and coaching sessions with your Team Lead help you to achieve your career goals.
- We live our values: Flat hierarchies and #transparency are no empty promises! Share your ideas and #bookingkidness with us and contribute to our #growth. We #trust you to do a great job at your own pace: flexible working hours and home office prove it.
- We believe in work-life-balance: You will work with the best in the industry - 70 great colleagues from +10 nations are waiting for you to join us. We love to share our knowledge in bookingkit university, but of course there is always time for fun team events- our monthly Barbecues are legendary!
Please state your earliest starting date and salary expectation when applying. We are looking forward to hearing from you!