Headquarters: URL: http://www.projectwayfinder.com
We are a fast-moving organization that is scaling up sales/outreach in a variety of locations across the country, primarily the San Francisco Bay Area and Boston Area.
Imagine if adolescent education was designed for all students to develop lives of meaning and purpose. In 2015 Project Wayfinder was founded at the Stanford d.school to answer this call. We partner with educators to design innovative learning experiences that foster meaningful relationships and guide students to navigate their lives with purpose. With our fifth academic year upon us, our Curriculum toolkits + trainings have journeyed to over 20,000 students, 1000 teachers, 200 schools across 25 states and 20 countries.
For more background on our origin see this profile of Wayfinder in KQED’s Mindshift.
WHAT WE VALUE
You will be joining a staff of incredibly motivated and dedicated staff members that are committed to living the values of our organization. We have a very close culture where team members get to know one another and build lifelong relationships. We also feel and act like a purpose-driven organization. To the best of our abilities each person’s role aligns with their own sense of purpose which feeds into the organizations larger sense of purpose.
Read this article by our Founder about our workplace culture in Conscious Company.
We also value equity, diversity, and inclusion. This is represented primarily in three ways: our curriculum, our staff, and our schools.
Curriculum: We have intentionally developed our curriculum to be able to cross national, racial, and socio-economic boundaries. During the process of curriculum development, we have had over 30 educators work on and develop the curriculum from a variety of backgrounds.
Team: Our team is composed of people from a diverse range of backgrounds and life experience. We intentionally recruit, hire, and work with people from diverse identities + experiences.
School Partners: We intentionally target a wide array of educational partnersfrom traditional to non-traditional that work with a range of students from different socioeconomic groups: we have taught our curriculum in low income schools in the Bronx, independent schools in Silicon Valley, and after-school programs in San Antonio.
Learn more: Project Wayfinder Team + School Partners
We are looking for a passionate Account Executive to join our team, to create partnerships with schools and drive sales of Project Wayfinder’s curriculum and training packages.
We strongly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented populations in tech - such as women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people, etc - to apply!
RESPONSIBILITIES: WHAT YOU WOULD DO
Identify, secure, and expand the impact of Project Wayfinder’s reach.
- Working with a business development team to identify and contact interested schools
- Participate in various marketing campaigns such as podcasts, newspaper/magazine interviews, etc. to educate the community on Project Wayfinder and build awareness.
- Have 4 to 6 meaningful conversations a day with prospective school partners + educators to help them understand the importance of purpose learning and Project Wayfinder and start the process of becoming a partner school.
- Create authentic, meaningful and long-lasting relationships with a variety of stakeholders in the education field.
- Serve as a problem-solver for potential schools and help them see how Project Wayfinder could help advance their mission
- Continuously follow up with schools who are interested in Project Wayfinder and help them overcome barriers to bringing purpose learning to their school.
- Visit potential school partners at site visits.
- Provide logistical and back end administrative support for new school partners. Including organizing on site trainings, processing invoicing information and guiding schools through the budgeting process.
- Help lead a team of 2-4 other outreach folks that are part of your geographic “pod” including a marketing person, junior sales person, and onboarding specialist.
At a high level, we are looking for a highly motivated, successful relationship-builder, who is a demonstrated self-starter with at least some background in K12 education. This person needs to have the drive to make sure our curriculum gets into the hands of more students and educators. Below we have listed out some things we are looking for; you do not necessarily need to check all these boxes to be eligible for this position. Here are some components we think that includes:
- Minimum of 2 years in a Sales / Recruiting / Outreach Position: We need you to have a proven track record in hustling, outreach, or sales. This could be on the for-profit or non-profit side. This is the most critical part of this job. This could be products, services, political campaigning, or admissions recruitment. Bottomline: you need to feel comfortable hustling, selling, and doing outreach in a high-rejection environment.
- Self-Motivated: This is a highly self-motivated role + you need to be a self-starter
- Organized: You are going to be talking to hundreds of people from dozens of organizations. You need to be able to organize and manage all this.
- Good Relationship Builder: Your main role will be building relationships with new prospective schools and educators. You need to be able to make connections and build relationships quickly.
- Familiarity with K-12 Education: You do not necessarily have to have been a classroom teacher, but familiarity with the K12 system, particularly the high school system is a must. A lot of talking to potential clients is helping them figure out where Project Wayfinder will fit into their school.
- Purpose-Alignment: This job needs to fit into how you would define your own sense of purpose. It needs to align with your own personal story and values.
- Be Persuasive: Understand the value and importance of the purpose learning movement and why it is important for prospective customers
- Background working on political campaigns as an organizer
- Athletic or Civic Leadership Roles
- Leading an after-school program for HS students
- Worked as an educator in a high school classroom for at least two years
- Worked in school administration
- Worked in a traditional sales/outreach role and moved up the ranks
- Had experience working for a start-up
- Background with Salesforce + MixMax
We offer a competitive package that is based on location and experience. We also offer the following benefits:
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreat, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
- ...And much more! Lost of other perks make this company an incredible place to work.