Headquarters: Toronto, Ontario URL: http://www.peoplefirstsolutions.com
REMOTE JOB OPPORTUNITY – SENIOR WEB DESIGNER
Since 1992 Rise Vision has been obsessed with helping customers have great looking displays. Today, our primary focus is education. Rise Vision currently serves over 3,000 schools. In these uncertain times, communication and connection is essential and fun is important. Rise Vision is making sure digital signage is easy to use, current and fun.
Thanks to easy to use templates, it’s simple for schools to keep displays up-to-date and engaging. Schools can stay connected over 99% of the time. By 2027, Rise Vision’s goal is to improve the experience of students everywhere by serving 1,000,000 school displays. Rise Vision is currently searching for a Senior Web Designer who will contribute to turning this vision into reality.
Mission of the Senior Web Designer:
This individual will report to the Lead Web Designer and be responsible for planning, creation and maintenance of digital signage templates. Combining strong design skills and principals with an intimate understanding of the ideal customer profile, this individual will make customer feedback-driven decisions. All decisions will be aligned with the overall culture, strategy and the Rise Vision brand.
- Design new digital signage templates using the Adobe Suite and Sketch
- Collaborate and work closely with the team to create templates for customers
- Correspond with customers to solicit insights, maintain and improve existing templates
- Emotionally understand the needs and pain points of the customer and create templates that provide solutions to the customer’s pain
- Creates templates that speak to the needs of the customer. Offer suggestions and strive to always add value
- Integrate and reflect insights and ideas through new template ideas
- Identifies opportunities for new templates and develops innovative ideas
- Increases the usage of templates by focusing on solving customer problems
- Support the Lead Web Designer in prioritizing, forecasting, and planning new projects
- Updates and reports on KPIs weekly
- Transparently and authentically reports on daily progress, strives for continual improvement
- 5+ years of experience designing and building web content with a proven track record of results
- Demonstrates strong design skills with an exceptional understanding of design principals, adheres to best practices
- Confident using Adobe Suite and Sketch, open and willing to share online portfolio for evaluation
- Comfortable using Git/Github, following the Github Flow, reviewing peers pull requests
- Familiar with semantic HTML, web accessibility best practices (WCAG 2.0), service workers, web components
- Understands the full web stack (e.g. HTTP, headers, caching, REST APIs, etc.)
- An excellent communicator who enjoys communicating by email with customers to gain insight and understanding
- Continuous learner with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable with a proven ability to integrate suggestions for improvement to create an end product that directly meets the needs of the customer
- A collaborative team player who supports colleagues, takes on team responsibilities and strives for continuous improvement
- Takes ownership of work and is accountable for deadlines and KPIs
- A self-starter who demonstrates a positive “can-do” attitude
- Thrives while working remotely within a transparent and entrepreneurial culture where change is constant
- Professional demeanour, positive mindset, is able to hold his/her own
- A solution focused problem solver who is able to commit and get things done
- A natural collaborator who demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency when fulfilling day-to-day responsibilities
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter™, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit”.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.