Mission Control exists to gather and grow communities with digitally organized social experiences that drive connection through shared passions and playful competition. Mission Control does this through recreational esports. Following its recent Seed fundraising round, Mission Control was named by Crunchbase as a "Startup to Watch".
The Mission Control team is currently adding a Senior Software Engineer who will be integral to building a simple, intuitive experience for all admins who use Mission Control's recreational esports platform. As a key player on a small team, this role will have ample opportunity for input on design and product growth, as well as career growth in line with the company and team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Write pragmatic, high-quality, testable code
- Collaborate with peers on brainstorms, technical design discussions, pair programming sessions and code reviews.
- Work with MySQL, along with NoSQL (Firebase, MongoDB or DynamoDB).
- Work with a modern technology stack that includes Node.js.
- Work with a modern PHP technology stack that uses Laravel and Lumen.
- Work in a CI/CD environment using Docker.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support API integrations.
- Mentor other engineers while setting and enforcing best practices for teammates
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 4-5 years of experience with PHP and Laravel
- 2-3 years of experience with Angular and Vue
- Capable of working in an Agile environment
- Is a driven, playful, open, curious teammate
Benefits and Other Notes
- Health Insurance is included with this position
- Company equity may be included with this position
- Paid Time Off is included with this position
- Workers are able to work from home; however, those in or around St. Louis or willing to relocate to St. Louis will be given special preference.