Excel Impact, named one of the nation's fastest growing companies 3-years running,has a brand new full-time, in-house, direct-hire Backend Software Developer opening in North Miami Beach!
You can be a part of our industry-leading team, who are working to simplify and transform how people navigate the insurance buying process.
You will work with the newest technologies, shape your team into the best in the industry, and solve complex problems on serverless architectures, machine learning and automation.
We place a high value on creating a talented team, and because of that, we make sure to offer competitive compensation, flexible work hours, generous time-off policy, and an environment of results-oriented self-sufficiency.
Excel Impact was founded to solve two key issues:
- Purchasing insurance is too confusing for the average person to easily navigate and understand
- The insurance companies can't efficiently connect with a person searching for a product or solution they offer
The solution? A best-in-class, award-winning marketplace that connects the companies and the solutions they offer with people who are searching for a better insurance experience. Our proprietary _ImpactNavigationÃ‚Â®_platform technology utilizes machine learning, data science, and intelligent-marketing to guide & match interested customers with their best-match insurance solutions.
What will you do?
- Work with a modern LAMP stack
- Participate in defining and implementing technical direction for the development of the company's technology
- Help architect and plan for changes and enhancements to the product in a proactive fashion
- Build new microservices, work with container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, and build new serverless solutions (Knative, Lambdas or other)
- Actively participate in Agile software development, including front-end development (HTML5, CSS3, ES6 + Webpack), but with a strong focus on backend development
- Drive business success by translating business requirements into design and code to meet product functional objectives and key results
- Learn to work with enterprise monitoring services while looking for abnormalities with top of the line technologies (ELK, Prometheus, Nagios, Cloudwatch, APM, etc.) and looking for areas of improvement in order to better product availability, resiliency and performance
- Effectively manage all parts of the software development lifecycle, including release management and resolution working on a modern CI/CD environment powered by GitLab CI, Jenkins and CodePipeline
- Perform or review systems analysis, design, programming, testing, debugging and documentation to ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and well-performant
- Help implement and develop sustainable software testing practices in the organization with PHPUnit, Selenium/Zalenium, CI/CD, etc.
What Do We Look For?
- Strong inclination for innovation and building quality software
- BS. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of programming experience is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of programming experience using PHP.
- Strong knowledge of MVC concepts
- Strong knowledge in one backend language (PHP preferred)
- Strong knowledge in one database engine (MySQL/MariaDB preferred)
- Familiarity with multiple database engines (Cassandra, Mongo, Redis, etc.)
- Working knowledge developing cloud-native applications, including microservices, serverless applications (lambda), and/or containerized applications (exposure to Docker or other container management platforms)
- Experience with software testing
- Experience with software monitoring
- Kubernetes knowledge is a big bonus
What do we offer you?
- Competitive base salary
- Health care, dental & vision benefits
- Sizable yearly bonus structure
- Over 1-month cumulative time-off with vacation and personal days
- Work-from-home and flex-schedule options to aid in work/life balance
- A form of equity that can provide substantial monetary payouts based on future events
- Incredible growth and upward mobility opportunities
- The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Family-friendly work environment - the work stays in the office. Work/Life balanceis taken seriously.
- Work directly with the technical leadership to innovate, create, and make an impact in what you do.
- Laid-back, results-driven environment.
- You are the 'CEO' of your own position - you are encouraged and trusted to make decisions in your area of expertise.
Excel Impact was founded on 2013 by three partners looking to change the world of insurance for the better. Through hard-work, an incredible team, and smart execution, we've experienced consistent 3-year growth rates between 450% - 11,369%, and have been recognized multiple times one of the fastest growing companies in the United States by INC 500, Deloitte Fast 500, Ernst & Young, among other organizations. We have over 1 million active users on our sites per month, and we are committed to delivering excellent software solutions for our internal team as well as top converting leads to our business partners.
If you are interested in this opportunity, have a desire to be a part of something BIG while sharpening your skills with the latest and greatest tech, and you're ready to join one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States - then we look forward to hearing from YOU!