VOLT’s client is looking for a Business Analyst- REMOTE
This is a long term contract Contingent/Temporary REMOTE position and offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. We are among the largest IT staffing companies in the US for contract/temporary and direct hire placements and support many of the top rated IT companies in the Pacific Northwest.
To help Volt stay in touch with you and other great candidates in the Eastern Washington area we have created a specialized portal for you at http://staffing.volt.com/inland_northwest/ . Start here to see much more: .
*Remote role, anywhere on West Coast*
The candidate must work well in collaborative environments with minimal formal structure and be comfortable in uncertain environments with competing priorities. The candidate must possess solid business acumen, a strong quantitative / technical background, natural curiosity, and the ability to effectively shift between communications styles based on the audience (technical peer review through leadership update
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Lead efforts with logical and physical model design, source-to-target mapping, use cases, and other development processes and artifacts.
- Identify data subject areas, entities, attributes, relationships, information types, and domains. With project team, design and communicate logical and/or physical models and designs.
- Responsible for supporting identification of physical implementation requirements, including normalization techniques and referential integrity or dimensional techniques.
- Actively defines, maintains, and enforces data architecture design patterns, standards, and best practices.
- Perform code reviews, data model reviews, and testing
- Analyze and interpret open source qualitative and statistical data to identify significant, relevant information, ultimately curating materials from around the web and other sources
- Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of the research
- Prepare data for processing by organizing information, checking for inaccuracies and adjusting the data appropriately
- Evaluate the external open sources of information to determine any limitations, in terms of reliability or validity
Education & Experience
- BS, MS in Statistics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in analytics and/or data role
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence reporting tools, such as Web focus, Tableau, or Microsoft Power BI preferred
- Experience with how to build and manage Tableau dashboards
- Understanding of GitFlow and branching
- Ability to translate business processes and data into analytic solutions
- Strong foundation in data modeling & data bricks including at least 3 years of relevant business or people analytics experience
- Strong experience with Python or any scripting language
- Excellent experience with Microsoft Excel
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver best solution to the problem
- Inquisitiveness and a desire for continued self-improvement and development of new skills
- Comfort working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Ability to tell meaningful stories with data
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to connect with individuals at all levels and develop strong partnerships
- Strong verbal / written communication skills
Please note the following:
- This is a W2 position.
- Direct inquiries only.
- No 3rd party submittals please.
- This position is not available for Corp-to-Corp.
- This position is not available for Associate Vendors.
How to Apply: Click on the Apply button to apply for this job.
Our Recruiter will initiate a phone call to you and give you immediate consideration should your resume meet the job requirements. Please rest assured that if your resume matches what is reflected in this job posting, you should receive a phone call from a Volt Recruiter to discuss this position with you. Volt has a talented and optimistic staffing team focused on the quality of your career.
Volt has over 60 years of staffing experience. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions. We offer many direct hire full-time positions as well as many contingent/temporary positions. We offer our Workers competitive pay and benefits, as well as educational programs and re-deployment assistance.
To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit:
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.