Headquarters: Paris, France URL: https://awesome-table.com
Do you want to shape a great SaaS product that is used and loved by millions of people around the world? Do you want to be a real product manager with strategic business responsibilities, not just administering a backlog? You’ve knocked at the right door.
We are looking for a highly motivated Product Manager to join our growing team! You’ll be the first in that position. This is not your run-of-the-mill JIRA ticket prioritization job. This is a “mini-CEO” job, where you’ll need to grow revenue and profits, devise the strategy and plan the execution to make it reality. Your goals will be business outcomes, not the number of features released.
Working as the first Growth Product Manager is a unique opportunity. We have millions of users and thousands of customers waiting for you to make their lives easier. We have a small team, so you won’t be one of a hundred and your impact will be felt inside and outside the company. You will help drive us in new directions. You’ll help us see things we haven’t seen before, consider things we’ve never considered before, and bring fresh perspective to our team. Brighten us up and put a big smile on our customers’ faces.
The Product Manager will report to the CEO and work closely with the Marketing, Development and Support teams.
- Take ownership of revenue, acquisition, conversion and usage metrics, know them inside out, to uncover and then execute on new growth opportunities
- Deeply understand customers and discover future opportunities by talking to them
- Define, shape and execute the best product strategy and roadmap
- Lead high level specification of new big features
- Experiment with and optimize the pricing models
- Paint the competitive landscape, and figure out how we can win
- Make sure new features are well documented, communicated to users and well described on our various sales assets (website, decks, …)
- Report on P&L and other KPIs
- Recruit as needed
Of course, these are a lot of responsibilities, and you probably won’t do that all at once and we certainly don’t expect you to know everything on the first day. We’ll help you gradually take your role. You’ll start by doing some sales and customer support to understand the day-to-day questions and pains our customers face.
Some of these describe you:
- You understand that a healthy company grows profitably
- You are passionate about building a great product
- You have a good sense of what makes a great product, and have great customer empathy
- You work for users and customers primarily. You want to talk to customers.
- You’re also deeply analytical and grounded in data.
- As an expert of nothing, you understand that your role is to ask questions, not to give answers
- You think in terms of platforms and ecosystems, you understand that a product doesn’t exist in isolation
- You are a great explainer and teacher
- A self starter capable of working autonomously, as well as within a diverse team setting
- A great communicator, excelling at both verbal and written communications
- 4+ years of experience at a software company, preferably a SaaS product with at least 1 million users
- Or, 4+ years of experience in a top strategy consulting firm or investment bank
- Numbers and data: you love good numbers, hate numbers that you haven’t checked. You’re good at making spreadsheets that are understandable, you know SQL. You know multiple probability distributions.
- Language: fluent English, French is a big plus
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
- Collaboration: Ability to build effective relationships with colleagues across organizations and functional groups
- Project management: you are organized, able to manage multiple projects at the same time, and know how to report progress in a clear and interesting way
- A competitive compensation that gives you financial peace of mind
- 30 days of vacation
- Lunch vouchers (for every worked day)
- 50% of public transportation for daily commute covered
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you think. To that end, please use your cover letter to share with us your take on the following questions:
- Tell us about a product or company you’ve helped grow, and how
- Share a great growth strategy that you’ve seen executed elsewhere
- Tell us about a side-project you launched
- We value great writers, so take your time with the application. Stock cover letters won’t do – tell us why you want this job, not just any job.