Headquarters: Remote URL:
We’re looking for a high energy, fast paced senior business administrator to help make sure that our business runs smoothly. We use the EOS model, popularized in the book “Traction” by Gino Wickman. This role would be responsible for continuously and steadily keeping us on track and applying the principles of Traction day to day. This isn’t just an executive or office manager role- it’s a role that helps run our business, day in and day out.
There are 6 key components to any business: vision, data, traction (meetings), process, issues and right people/right seats. This role is the glue that establishes these principles, keeps us humming along and serves as the champion for Traction day to day.
Essentially, you’d be overseeing all the day to day administration of the business, including but not limited to:
Financial health of the business
- Oversee the budget, working closely with each of the department heads
- Oversee the annual financial planning process with the CEO and department heads
- Pay all bills, manage correspondence with vendors
- Bookkeeping in Xero
Data and Reporting We strongly believe that data is our compass, and paves the way to our growth.
- Overseeing the SOPs (standard operating procedures) for the business- working with each of the internal managers to make sure their SOPs are all robust, up to date, complete, and all have a proxy.
Human Resources Support
- Manage all our company benefits via Justworks
- Assistance with job posting, screening, etc
Software and Systems
- Responsible for all the technology that keeps our business going- not just in managing what we have, but anticipating needs, shaping decisions, and ensuring that the tech stack we use as a business enables our success.
- Example of tech we use: Podio (project management); Box (file sharing); Xero (book keeping).
Working style & skills
- Our team is very fast paced, high energy. Looking for someone who not just survives but thrives in that type of environment
- Executional excellence. Are you someone who never misses a deadline, would be horrified by a typo, and loves to plan and execute seamlessly? You’ll do well on our team.
- Communication, particularly written.
- Can take general direction/strategy, and run with it. Likes to work independently, but feels confident both in a team setting and figuring things out on their own.
- Service mentality. We have two customers: our end customer (Americans living abroad) and internal customer (accountants). Ultimately, we’re in service of those two customer bases. The DNA of Greenback is about excellence in customer care.
- Quick learner- we’re growing- and want someone who can continue to improve and grow alongside us.
- Tech savviness
- Ability to simplify and remove complexity from systems/processes/etc
- Financial acumen
- Excel – intermediate to advanced
- Powerpoint- intermediate to advanced
- Salesforce knowledge would be a bonus, but not required.
- 2+ years working remotely full time
- 2+ years in a support role (admin assistant, office manager, EA, etc)