Headquarters: Remote URL:
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses. Our mission is to make e-commerce easier for everyone.
Our Core Values:
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We're a team, built on trust
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny
TaxJar’s remote-only team is growing quickly. We’re currently looking for a Service Desk Analyst - Contractor who wants to make a difference on a growing Customer Services team.
- The Service Desk Analyst - Contractor is part of a high volume, email support team that is the first line of contact for customers experiencing issues with implementing TaxJar's products and services. This team is also a first line of contact with non-customers who have questions about sales tax compliance in relation to the solutions that TaxJar offers.
- This team must be passionate about resolving problems and answering questions with a sense of urgency.
- Queries will range in complexity from basic sales tax consulting, ‘how to’ questions, account onboarding and basic troubleshooting.
- This analyst will be responsible for basic diagnosis and analysis of customer issues and be expected to provide first level analysis and documentation to the Tier 2 support team.
This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the continental US only.
As a Service Desk Analyst - Contractor you will:
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to email requests for help with TaxJar’s products and services
- Answer basic sales tax consulting questions
- Methodically identify, research, document, and find solutions for customer issues and product problems
- Provide Tier 1, first point of contact and basic troubleshooting for customer issues
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and Tier 2 support
- Track all customer requests and product feedback
- Report on ticket trends or FAQ’s in the inbox
- Someone with prior experience in eCommerce or SaaS support
- A good listener and a pro at interpreting subtext in customer requests
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications, with both our team and our customers
- Curious--you enjoy digging past the surface of a question
- Comfortable working with technology and providing technical support
- Calm and focused in a high volume ticket environment
- Experienced in supporting multiple software products with varying feature sets
- Able to approach support from the customer’s point of view
- Extremely patient...sales tax can be painful and our goal is to ease that pain :-)
- Skilled at explaining complex topics without the help of templates
- Interested in understanding the ins-and-outs of sales tax (It’sa big topic!)
- Attentive to the smallest of details
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you:
- Are a PRO at communicating
- Excel at writing (we’re very serious about this.) You have tip top writing skills and know your way around the do’s and don’ts of grammar.
- Are interested in working remotely as part of a distributed team
- Thrive in an environment of accountability and frequency feedback
- Are willing and able to dig into our internal and external resources to find answers to customer questions. (Remember, forty-five states and Washington D.C. have a sales tax and they’re all...different.)
- Are looking for a culture that prioritizes shipping products and going to market quickly
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re all peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Align with TaxJar’s core values
- 1+ years’ experience in a customer service or helpdesk role supporting software technology
- Adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and works well on their own or as a member of a team
- Excellent Customer Service skills and a demonstrated success exceeding customer expectations
- Familiarity with analysis and debugging skill a plus
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and customer handling skills
To apply: https://www.taxjar.com/job-application/?gh_jid=4740687002