Loom · May 20th 2020
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 4M users across 90k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $45 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
Loom makes it simple to create HD video content and have it instantly available to share with anyone in the world. Because of this simplicity, multiple years’ worth of video content is created on Loom every week from people in almost every country around the world, and the usage has been rapidly increasing.
Loom’s Desktop application is our most powerful recording client offering and can record your screen and camera in 4k while simultaneously uploading the video files to our cloud infrastructure. While this is happening, the user is performing actions on their screen that are critical to delivering their message effectively. The Desktop UI must remain unintrusive and smooth without compromising the performance of the operating system. In this role, you will work on Loom’s Desktop application and the efficient use of machine resources and world-class stability will be at the core of every effort.
The Desktop application uses Electron with custom encoding binary layers written in Swift and C++ for macOS and Windows, respectively. The application interfaces with Loom’s infrastructure view REST endpoints and GraphQL. The infrastructure currently runs in the AWS ecosystem. We are using Docker, Node, React, and Webpack within our web services.
What We’re Looking For:
Perks at Loom:
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
* Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
* Life insurance
* Long-term disability insurance
* 401(k) with 5% company matching
* Professional development reimbursement
* Mental health and wellness reimbursement
* Gym reimbursement
* Unlimited PTO
* Paid parental leave
* Remote work opportunities
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year was in Barbados)
SF office perks
* Daily lunch on-site
* Unlimited snacks & drinks
* Remote week every other month
* Home office & technology reimbursement
* Co-working space reimbursement
* New-Hire on-boarding in San Francisco (optional)
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.