Headquarters: Traverse City, MI URL: https://www.motorsportreg.com
About the Role
As the lead and only designer on our SaaS product team, you are responsible for all UI/UX. There are no design managers, researchers or co-designers to fall back on - you must have the skills and seniority to personally ideate, shape, validate and polish the experience for our users.
We need you to lead a world-class redesign where nothing is off-limits. The ideal candidate is highly inquisitive and outcome-oriented, validating intuition derived from experience with quantitative and qualitative input from users, contextual research and analytics.
Balancing visual design, information architecture and interaction design, you will collaborate closely with developers to rapidly get value into the hands of users. We want you to establish and maintain a design system that allows developers to independently implement common screens and flows while you focus your deep thinking on the new, unusual, and reimagined.
MotorsportReg.com is the best place to organize, find and attend automotive and motorsport events. We are like Eventbrite for anything requiring an engine: racing, track days, autocross, karting, drifting, cars and coffee, motorcycles, karting, meetups and rally.
Part of Hagerty, an automotive lifestyle brand for people who love cars, we are a fully-remote SaaS team supporting 1,300 clubs, racetracks and sanctioning bodies with our CRM, event management platform and marketplace. With 7,000 events managed annually by our customers, our goal is to be the number one marketplace for motorized events - making it easier to organize and attend events.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to conceive and design new features and services from scratch as well as improve existing systems
- Use a complete range of fidelity to support decision-making including sketches, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Analyze user feedback and activity and, partnering with the Product Manager, determine how to iterate to enhance the user experience
- Independently conduct concept and “hallway usability” tests to gather rapid feedback and partner with the Hagerty UX testing team for more formal research
- Create and maintain guidance and patterns which developers can independently use to implement common screens and flows while you focus on new features and unusual use cases
- Nail the big picture flows, architecture and navigation as well as the micro-interactions of animations, loading states and transitions
- Everyone on our team talks to users and attends motorsport events – this keeps us close to our customers and our empathy high
- Strong portfolio of product design, interaction design and visual design for mobile/web applications
- Experience with complex applications where you've made tasks feel easy and approachable
- Have great writing skills to effectively communicate with the team and customers (as a remote team, we live on Slack so you will write a lot)
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS - no need to be a front-end developer but you should be comfortable translating photoshop/sketch/etc into HTML/CSS
- Experience working with developers deploying frequently and having the discretion to judge what is good enough to ship and iterate rather than wait for a perfect release
- Previous role in a distributed environment such as a remote worker, freelancer or self-employed is (almost) mandatory
- Experience with modern development practices that include Git, Docker, AWS, continuous integration and deployment
- User research and testing experience such as UserTesting.com, designing A/B tests, analyzing MixPanel data, usability audits, picking up the phone or observing a user in the field
What You Can Expect
As a remote team, we stay connected with Slack and Zoom. Our software lifecycle revolves around Git, Docker, AWS and Node/VueJS. Design has been a mix of Sketch and InvisionApp (but we're not tied to them if you have other faves). We have daily huddles to keep things moving and you'll have weekly 1:1s with your manager to discuss your needs and goals.
We have deadlines like everyone else, but because we value work-life integration, we do not expect routine long hours. A well-rested and well-rounded top performer with ruthless focus will deliver substantially more in 40-45 hours than a team of burnouts sitting in front of a screen 60 hours a week.
Whether you're a motorsport fanatic or have never set foot at a racetrack, you'll find our team and our customers to be a fun group of passionate enthusiasts.
What We're Offering
- Competitive market-rate salary dependent on experience
- Work from anywhere in United States
- The team gathers twice a year for fantastic in-person retreats
- Occasional on-site visits to motorsport events with potential or current customers
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage for you and your dependents including Telemed service on your phone
- 3 weeks paid time off annually, rolls over and accrues up to 12 weeks
- 401K with up to 4% instant matching
- Maternity leave of 12 weeks + spouses eligible for 2 weeks. Also adoption assistance up to $5,000.
- Hagerty Drivers Club with roadside assistance for your cars
- Hobby related benefits including Automotive Enthusiast Certificate, Auto Restoration Scholarships, Hagerty Driving Experience, Collector Loan Discount program and Hagerty Driving Academy
- Also: Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan assistance, Car Seat program for new parents
- MotorsportReg is part of Hagerty, a company with a strong culture infused with automotive passion and a certifiedGreat Place To Work
Ready to take the Green Flag?
We hope you’re the one! Let us know why you want to work with us byfilling out our application including a link to your portfolio.
If your portfolio has a password, please be sure to include it.
To apply: https://hagerty.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/hagerty/job/Traverse-City-MI/Lead-Motorsport-SaaS-Product-Designer_R933/apply