Headquarters: Remote URL: http://www.graphenedb.com
GrapheneDB is the first cloud hosting provider to offer Neo4j graph databases as a service. We proudly manage thousands of Neo4j database instances, catering from individual developers working on pet projects to large companies with challenging workloads and reliability requirements.
As a senior cloud engineer you will be a part of a distributed (remote) SRE team responsible for engineering, monitoring and maintaining production systems and infrastructure of GrapheneDB SaaS offering.
As a senior cloud engineer at GrapheneDB you will:
- Develop, maintain and monitor the GrapheneDB infrastructure and systems.
- Increase visibility and control, correct and improve systems to prevent incidents.
- Reduce human intervention in operational tasks by automation of processes.
- Implement and enforce security best practices at scale.
- Participate in SRE software engineering.
- Work together with the support team, resolving GrapheneDB customer support issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation/schedules and respond to incidents.
- Experience in architecting solutions using Amazon Cloud (AWS) services like:
- AWS App Mesh
- AWS System Manager
- AWS Redis and AWS RDS
- AWS ECS
- Experience deploying, managing and monitoring Docker containers at scale.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems using high and low level debugging tools and techniques throughout all our stack.
- Experience with "infrastructure-as-code" tools: eg. Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience as a Linux systems engineer/administrator.
- Experience working with Git version control system.
- Active coding knowledge of any combination of these languages: Rust, Python, Go.
- Strong problem determination and solving skills.
- Ability to work remotely and communicate in English.
- Ability to get along with others.
Desirable but not required for the job application
- You have instrumented different monitoring systems: alerts, metrics collections, etc.
- You have monitored and tuned the Java Virtual Machine to ensure apps run smoothly.
- You have managed any combination of these: Prometheus, MongoDB, Redis, Casandra, Kafka.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- 100% remote work.
- Numerous planned company events throughout the year.
- Flexible working hours and a generous vacation policy.
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Budget for personal development: books, training, conferences, etc.
- Career development opportunities: we encourage/support professional growth opportunity at work.
GrapheneDB is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.