The Internet you know and love is at risk. A range of political and commercial forces threaten our chances to keep the internet a global public resource, open and accessible to all.
At the nonprofit Mozilla Foundation, we’re passionate about fueling a movement for a healthy internet. We do this by engaging movement leaders and inspiring thousands around the world to take action alongside us.
We seek a Digital Project Manager to help us deliver compelling stories and dynamic experience, via our website, social, email, and more. We want to see a global movement of millions of people holding governments and big tech accountable, and we need your help to get there.
You’re an experienced Project Manager, motivated to help teams succeed. Reporting to the Director, Digital Engagement, you’ll help our team of Designers, Engineers, and Content creators deliver impactful projects efficiently. You are passionate about the process – the facilitation, tracking, and reporting – that helps elevate good teams and projects to produce something great.
We are a distributed team, with members working remotely and in offices (Toronto, San Francisco, Vancouver, London and Berlin). A candidate in the Eastern time zone is strongly preferred.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
- Work with the Director of Engagement, as well as a variety of technical and non-technical staff across the organization, to serve as the Project Manager for our web, social, and email initiatives.
- Collaborate with leads of Engineering, Design, Content, and Programs to facilitate projects and ensure a well-orchestrated process.
- Coordinate with project members regularly to resolve project blockers, report on progress, and deliver results on time.
- Facilitate discussion among team members, external contractors, and partners, to ensure the work remains on track and unblocked.
- Convene project meetings and facilitate agendas as needed. Capture meeting notes, pending decisions, next steps. Help keep things focused, productive, and enjoyable.
- Organize and facilitate regular production team meetings with Engineers and Designers, such as daily stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal projects and facilitate project delivery with external contractors.
- Keep track of multiple calendars, identifying conflicts between project plans, editorial calendar, key organization dates, and milestones.
- Work with the engineering, design, and content teams to ensure projects are appropriately scoped and synthesized into a prioritized set of tasks, and resourced adequately.
- Beyond individual projects, work across the team to suggest improvements, devise and implement new project workflows, to optimize our efficiency.
- Be an advocate for the projects and team members – our mission depends on it!
Skills & Experience:
- Experience tracking projects using various tools, such as GitHub, Asana, Trello, Airtable. (No specific tool experience required.)
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to collaborate with a range of people, from engineers to program managers
- Ability to facilitate conversations with differing perspectives and priorities, while connecting proposed work and outcomes to engagement strategy when required.
- Ability to track, coordinate, and prioritize multiple projects on fast-paced schedules
- Ability to adapt to last-minute asks and changing timelines and priorities with flexibility and good humor.
- Comfortable talking about technical topics, calling on people to explain or remove ‘lingo’. No specific technical skills beyond project management are required.
- Experience delivering first-rate web and social campaigns or tools preferred.
- Experience working within a distributed team, building partnerships across disciplines via Slack and video calls.
- Experience with or significant understanding of Agile, Scrum, Kanban and other project methodologies would be a plus.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- 2+ years of project management experience with a technology team.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
The Mozilla Foundation can hire in the jurisdiction of the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Germany.
If you are deeply interested in the role, please don’t hesitate to apply even if your experience or skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We seek to hire a person who will become an integral member of our team. We all love to expand our skills through our work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The post Digital Project Manager appeared first on Jobspresso.