At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
At CrowdStrike we operate a massive cloud platform that protects our customers from a variety of bad actors: cyber criminals, hacktivists and state sponsored attackers. We process tens of billions of events a day and we store and use petabytes of data. We’re looking for an engineer who is passionate about site reliability and is excited about joining us to ensure our service runs 24/7.
This position is open to candidates in Bucharest (Office or Romania Remote), Brasov, Cluj, Iasi and Timisoara (Remote).
- Be responsible for all operational aspects of our platform - Availability, Latency, Throughput, Monitoring, Issue Response (analysis, remediation, deployment) and Capacity Planning with respect to Latency and Throughput. Build tooling to help monitor and analyze the platform
- Work in a team of highly motivated engineers
- Use your passion for technology to ensure our platform operates flawlessly 24x7
- Obsess about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team. We don’t expect you to know all the technology we use but you will be able to get up to speed on new technology quickly
- Have broad exposure to our entire architecture and become one of our experts in overall process flow
- Be a great code reader and debugger, you will have to dive into large code bases, identify issues and remediate
- Have an intrinsic drive to make things better
- Bias towards small development projects and the occasional larger project
- Use and give back to the open source community
- Redis, Memcached
- AWS Cloud
- Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience in data structures/algorithms/distributed systems).
- Experience as a sustaining engineering or SRE for a cloud based product.
- Good understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges – sharding, partitioning, scaling horizontally are second nature to you.
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- Good understand of multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies.
- The skills to meet your commitments on time and produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible.
Bonus points awarded for:
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
- Existing exposure to Go, Kafka, AWS, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Scala, Hadoop, Spark
- Prior experience in the Cyber Security or intelligence fields
Benefits of working at CrowdStrike:
- Background or familiarity with File Integrity Monitoring (FIM), Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM), or Vulnerability Management.
- Market leader in compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Working with the latest technologies
- Training budget (certifications, conferences)
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service event
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.