What makes this job meaningful?
The workplace has changed. Todays employees expect more than just pay or title, they seek careers where they can learn, grow, be challenged, and be valued for the ideas they bring to the table.
Unfortunately, most organizations lack the tools and structure needed to create this kind of coaching and development culture across every team and every manager. Instead, their development efforts are buried in disconnected systems or compliance-based HR software.
When you join Leadr, youll be helping us to solve this incredibly complex, yet worthwhile, puzzle of one to one people development at scale within organizations.
Leadr exists to help every manager become a coach and give every employee a voice and you will play a crucial role in turning this vision into reality.
Our development team at Leadr gets to pioneer this vision through building our world-class product and the systems to support it. We take feedback from our team and customers to create a roadmap to build.
Why Youll Be Motivated To Apply
- Youve mastered the basic skills of software engineering and need a new challenge. Your code is tidy and approaching an art form, your solutions are precisely architected to consider scalability, reliability, monitoring, security, automated testing, maintainability and all that.
- At this stage in your career you want to be asked to solve problems, rather than told what to do.
- Youre excited by our tech stack and know that it presents both an opportunity for you dazzle us with your current skills but also stretch and grow.
- Leadr is an early stage startup and with that comes amazing growth opportunities. Most likely youve only worked at large mature bureaucratic companies or small companies that arent really growing. Leadr is neither of those things. You are going to stretch so much youll wish you were made out of nylon.
- Leadr is doing something radical and exciting. You noticed that when you checked out our website.
- Whatever happens in the economy, Leadr is a solid financial position. We are startup, but we have 24 months of runway and we believe our product is needed now more than ever.
Why We Need You
- As we are coming out of beta we are looking to speed-up, not slow-down. During the beta phase it was ok to deploy buzy builds to production every 2 weeks but going forward we need a more sophisticated build pipeline. Our goal is to have production updated multiple times per day. Safely!
- We are transitioning to having vertically-integrated development teams where the devs, the QA and the product people are all working together in the same location (although under the current circumstances we're just happy to have everyone in the same timezone! We're all working remotely until things settle down).
- You will enable us to ship value faster and more frequently without breaking things or disrupting users.
We are pleased to offer competitive salary, bonuses, and benefits. We offer PTO, Paid Holidays, Flex Holidays, etc. We are committed to developing you as a leader and providing career growth throughout your employment with us.
What can you expect for your interview process?
While not all candidates will complete the entire process, heres what it looks like from start to finish. Well keep communication open the entire way so you always know where you stand.
- Complete the Kick-Off Interview Form, which well email to you. We promise we wont make you retype your resume into another form, we value your time.
- A 30-45 minute Culture Interview either by video call or in-person. Well use this time to simply get to know you as a person and hear more about your story.
- A 60-minute Technical Screen either by video call or in-person. Well use this time to make sure possess the minimum skills we think are required to accomplish the key objectives.
- 3-4 hour meet & greet with the broader team, plus a more in-depth Technical Interview. This can be done either by video call or in-person. Well dig into how you would go about accomplishing the objectives we shared for the role and your past experience doing similar work.
- And finally, the Offer letter is sent. Welcome to the team!
While the problem were tackling at Leadr is ambitious, we have reason to be optimistic:
- Our early team is loaded with talented and experienced people who share a passion for the mission
- The executive team has done this before, founding and leading a startup in the payments space to hypergrowth and a successful exit in less than 10 years
- Because of our strong track record for success, were well funded with plenty of financial runway
Leadr is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. Thank you for considering Leadr as the place to share your strengths and talents.