Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today's entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people that are passionate about removing barriers to developer success.
DigitalOcean's online community is our most effective means of reaching millions of developers, building loyalty and love, and translating it into customer acquisition, growth, and revenue. The Director of Community Growth is tasked with setting strategy, developing Community partnerships, managing a team, and allocating budget to optimize, measure and ultimately grow its contribution to the business.
What You'll Be Doing:- Empower developers around the world. Drive DigitalOcean business growth by reaching more developers and more effectively converting them to DigitalOcean customers.
- Oversee all content marketing for the community, including blog posts, technical tutorials, product documentation, email marketing, and more. Support the growth and development of DO's team of in-house technical content experts.
- Build a framework to scale third-party contributions to technical content, including tutorials, guides, Q&A forum, and other free developer tools, and support community authors to be successful.
- Evaluate, prioritize, and implement new community investments to accelerate organic traffic. Establish metrics and key performance indicators around the impact of DO community activities and initiatives.
- Mobilize the global community to make an impact by contributing to open source development through initiatives like Hacktoberfest.
- Implement and measure the effectiveness of community campaigns that drive positive brand perception and awareness, engagement, and retention for DO.
- Strategize, run, and analyze experiments across multiple growth opportunities to optimize conversion. Report on program performance, trends, and return on investment to the C-suite.
- Demonstrate ability to work at the strategic level by generating bold and fresh ideas for growth and engagement and at the tactical level through strong end-to-end program management.
What We'll Expect From You:- Experience in developing communities, integrated campaign management, content marketing, growth marketing, or developer relations, in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver marketing campaigns and projects on time, on budget, and with measurable impact, with 2+ years experience managing direct reports including technical team members.
- Technically-minded, with substantial experience driving communications for a developer audience and understanding of developer tools.
- Strong analytical acumen and ability to turn data insights into actionable strategies, with an orientation towards true incremental impact over vanity metrics. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of data measurement, experimentation, marketing funnels, and user-experience optimization.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the unstoppable urge to get things done.
- Incredibly strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or a related field, MBA a plus.
Why You'll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our "no jerks" rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You'll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you'll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We're also very remote-friendly-we use Slack to communicate across the company-and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs-whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!