Headquarters: Cebu, Philippines URL:
We are looking for a part-time senior front-end developer to build public-facing, high-traffic, high-performance web apps. Must have 4+ years strong experience as a frontend web developer; minimum 1+ year experience with React.
You will be working with management on the west coast of USA (Pacific timezone), and working with a remote team in the Philippines. Must be willing to be available for meetings with management between 10am-7pm Pacific timezone.
- You will be the front end web developer responsible for the entire pipeline of creating web apps in an agile environment -- including understanding the business needs of the project, creating technical specs, coding it, testing, documentation, deployment, and maintenance.
- You will work with a fully remote team of product owners, designers, and backend developers. Must use best practices for software development -- e.g. code that’s easy to support, well commented/documented, and follow our coding standards. Must have excellent online communication skills.
- You’ll be our go-to troubleshooter for front end web problems.
- Able to work in Pacific Time Zone; work 20 hours per week
- Must have minimum 1+ years experience in building React based applications.
- Passionate about UI/UX design and building great user experiences. Requires expert understanding of responsive design, as well as solutions for cross-browser, cross-device and cross-platform issues.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. (We are a fully-remote team that depend on Slack and Skype.)
- Previous experience in graphic design/Web Page Design is strongly preferred
- Understanding of unit testing and E2E testing concepts. Experience with Mocha, BrowserStack, Selenium WebDriver or Cypress.io a plus.
- Experience working in a team-based development environment. Familiar with peer reviews, code branching methods (e.g., Gitflow Workflow) and software containers (e.g., Docker).
- Experience with CSS preprocessor Sass a plus.
- Experience working with 3rd-party APIs that use JSON/REST/XML/SOAP.
- Familiarity with the LAMP stack -- enough to know how each technology is suppose to behave and how each technology’s malfunction may affect your web app, so you can work with backend devs to fix issues.
What we offer
We offer competitive compensation. You’ll be working from home but will get plenty of support (and dog selfies) from our friendly staff via Slack and Skype. This is a telecommute position with flexible schedule -- you can work from home from anywhere.
We offer competitive salary, benefits including paid holidays and vacation, and opportunity to work in your pajamas!