Headquarters: Canada URL: http://www.ipresence.ca
What you'll do
- Work within our design system. Know when to reuse components or create your own when the need arises
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Work in an agile environment, tackle design tasks from our Jira Kanban board
- Take initiative and lead your own projects from start to finish
- Communicate your design vision and intentions to stakeholders. Take constructive feedback to make your design even better.
- Be an inspiration and example for younger less experienced designers within the company.
Who you are
- You're comfortable designing sites and apps for the adult industry. You'll often see NSFW (Not safe for work) imagery while designing
- You're a native or fluent English speaker with strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have 6+ years of experience designing products in a highly competitive startup environment
- You're autonomous. You don't need more than an idea from a stakeholder to get going and design something awesome
- You're data informed. You make use of our data science and research team to give you the data you need to make solid design decisions
- You're a collaborative team player who can also work independently
- You're enthusiastic about designing iteratively based on peer and stakeholder feedback
- You're able to balance the needs of the business and the user
- You have extensive experience with design tools, especially Sketch and Figma
- You're nimble, and able to work on multiple projects at once.
- You have strong beliefs, loosely held. You champion your ideas, but know when to drop them if they're not working or you're proved wrong.
- You have no ego
- You have a strong work ethic. You get stuff done. If you're not nailing it, you work harder until you do
- You're cool under pressure. You'll be delivering iterative designs under tight schedules
- You have strong presentation skills. You're good at pitching your ideas and getting buy-in from peers
- You're design obsessed. You see design everywhere you go, and have ideas how to improve it. You can't help but look at a simple subway sign and wonder why it was designed that way.
- You're a self-motivated self-starter. You don't wait to be told what to do or what to work on. During downtime you'll determine high impact areas within our products to improve on
What will set you apart
- Experience working on e-commerce sites, especially classified ad listings sites
- Experience designing websites and apps in the adult industry