Headquarters: San Francisco URL: https://www.aurorasolar.com
We are looking for well-rounded software engineers with a passion for quality. As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you’ll own the quality of many features of the product and be accountable for testing strategy, implementation of both manual and automated test plans and test cases and their execution. You’ll be responsible for status communication throughout the software development life-cycle, advocate for our customers, and help deliver great value in terms of quality, usability, and functionality.
We are a diverse team based in San Francisco, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Work with Quality Assurance and Product Management to run risk analysis and propose/document test plans that establish what should be tested, how (manual vs. automated), when (frequency) and in what order automation should be implemented (prioritization)
- Participate in feature and regression testing for ongoing releases
- Triage and troubleshoot production issues
- Quickly learn TypeScript and Cypress automation framework to support test case development.
- Work closely with Frontend Engineers to read, optimize and complement their existing automated unit, integration and end-to-end tests in Typescript using Cypress as a test framework
What we value:
- Demonstrate solid 2 years of coding experience in any language (develop highly technical features for automation framework, develop utilities to support testing, or develop software application).
- Some experience with SQL
- Experience with owning the quality of the product features in both manual and automation
- Experience with AWS products and services
- Experience with source control and continuous integration / continuous delivery process(prefer Git, CircleCI)
- Experience with the concept of code coverage and its utilization toward testing prioritization
- Self-starter, organized, and able to work on multiple fast-paced projects at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to articulate complex ideas and explanations
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- At least 50% overlap with Pacific Coast working hours