Looking for an Implementation Project Manager with 7+ years of experience. This is a REMOTE position, allowing you to work from anywhere in the US.
- Looking for candidates with their PMP certification, or ability to get it within 6 months of hire. - Healthcare experience preferred, but not required. - Any previous PBM experience a large plus.
This position serves as a senior member of a cross-functional project team consisting of individuals from various IT departments and business units. Provides senior level specialty expertise to management from various IT departments. Has the ability to effectively deal with evolving and competing objectives and possess a mastery of project management tools. Experienced with managing enterprise-wide projects, including managing third party staff, working through contractual issues, etc.. Develops and maintains project charters, detail project plans, weekly status updates and provides problem resolution. Responsible for ensuring projects are within scope and meets time and budget targets. Must be familiar with the role and function of team members in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Communicates with appropriate staff/leadership regarding status of specific projects.
- Provides direction to a team of IT Project Managers,
- Manages a program or cross-functional projects using lean/agile methods
- Provides senior-level expertise to management from various I.T. departments.
- Works directly with senior leadership on highly visible, strategic projects
- Demonstrates experience in managing complex, evolving and competing objectives.
- Demonstrates experiencewith managing enterprise-wide projects, including managing third party staff, working through contractual issues, etc.
- Possesses a mastery of project management tools and methodologies, especially lean/agile methods
- Ensures projects are within scope and meet time and budget targets.
- Influences team members, peers and stakeholders to meet the objectives of the project
- Demonstrates the ability to work with and lead technical and non-technical staff and leadership across all levels in the department
- Demonstrates strong organization, communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and time management
- Communicates with appropriate staff/leadership regarding status and impacts of projects.
- Coaches and mentors other IT Project Managers in lean/agile methods.
- Drives servantleadership and coaches other IT Project Managers on this quality.
- Empowers the teams to be self-organizing.
- Empowers the teams and stakeholders to make decisions.
- Measures and reports progress frequently using agile metrics.
- Creates Product Roadmap and Release Plan in partnership with POs and Ims.
- Leads coordinating practices in Agile methods such as Release Planning, Iteration Planning, Grooming etc.
- Coaches and assists Product Owners in prioritization, 3-Amigo Reviews and other PO activities.
- Leads and facilitates Scrum of Scrums with related projects/teams.
- Develops and maintains project charters, detailed project plans, weekly status updates and provides problem resolution.
- Creates and maintains WBS, RACI, Stakeholder Register and detailed Project Management plan.
- Manages dependencies across projects.
- Performs Root Cause Analysis.
- Leads in the establishment and facilitation of internal IT project management processes and tools (i.e. critical path tracking, contingency planning, operational workflow documentation/refinement.)
General Job Information
Implementation Project ManagerGrade
Info Technology GroupCountry
United States of AmericaFLSA Status
United States of America (Exempt)Recruiting Start Date
8/5/2019Date Requisition Created
IT, Project/Program ManagementEducation
Bachelors: Computer and Information ScienceLicense and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
CSM - Certified Scrum Master - Enterprise, PMP - Project Management Professional - EnterpriseOther Job Requirements
- 7+ years related experience including a minimum of 2+ years of Agile/Scrum master experience.
- Experience working with Agile Methods and modern programming environments.
- Should have moved across different departments within IT to gain a broader perspective of the business/industry.
- Scrum Master or similar certification.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.