When Cameron Moll passed us the torch, we were honored to carry on the Authentic Jobs' mission: connect creative pros with the best design and development opportunities in the world.
We're web creators at heart and most of our team has been positively affected by Authentic Jobs at some point in their careers. Our 2020 goal is to make the hiring process even easier and reintroduce community campaigns, such as charity: water.
We've been heads down working on significant updates to Authentic Jobs and that's where you come in.
Here are the area we could use a hand with:
- Proficiency in Python, Django, relational databases, and unit testing.
- Expertise in DevOps, Stripe payments, and Git.
- Knowledge of data migration, user management, and web application security.
- Strong attention to technical planning and QA.
- Mid to Senior level experience.
Other nice-to-have traits:
- Although we're a remote team, working in or near the EST time zone is a bonus.
- Excellent problem solving abilities. A lot of the challenges we'll be working on require some back and forth and won't always be a simple checklist to run through.
- Word of mouth goes a long way. If you have any personal experience related to Authentic Jobs and its history, let us know!
The work you'll be helping with:
- Initial code review and testing of our prototype.
- Think through the data migration processes.
- Finish a handful of site edits and be open to ideas on improving the site further.
- The ideal candidate will be able to devote their full attention to this for a few weeks with the option of ongoing freelance work after that.
- Links to your website or other projects you're proud of.
- Resume or LinkedIn.
- Hourly rate and availability.
Sincerely, The Authentic Jobs Team