Headquarters: Chicago, IL URL: http://www.raise.com
Senior DevOps Engineer
Chicago, IL /Remote
About Raise Raise is the leading mobile payments and prepaid gift card platform where millions of consumers earn instant cash back and save money on purchases. The company has transformed traditionally simple pieces of plastic into one powerful payment mechanism that can be seamlessly used at 300,000+ retail locations nationwide.
As a marketplace with 4,000+ brands and 500 retail partners, Raise enables consumers to save money and instantly pay for in-store or online purchases at their favorite stores using their digital mobile wallet. In addition to offering value and convenience for consumers, Raise allows retailers to unlock a new, data-driven channel to activate targeted segments of the platform’s more than 2.5 million members.
Since 2013, Raise has saved members more than $150 million. The company is based in Chicago and has received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, Bessemer Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, and PayPal. Raise is available on both iOS and Android and at www.raise.com.
About the Position Raise is looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our Platform team. In this position, you will be responsible for maintaining, designing, implementing and upgrading our cloud infrastructure to support our microservices platforms. At Raise, we embrace automation and infrastructure as code as a means of empowering each delivery team’s frictionless ownership of applications and services. The ideal candidate has a background in developing distributed applications, cloud technologies, and delivering self-service infrastructure.
- Work with the rest of the engineering organization to build automated processes and tools for managing application and service deployments
- Own and support underlying infrastructure and cross-cutting services such as logging and monitoring
- Develop and maintain software and libraries to enable reliable automation of deployments and self-service configuration changes.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of engineering expertise, practicing software development professionally in a collaborative environment (e.g. Test-driven development (TDD) and paired programming)
- 5+ years experience with high availability, concurrent, large-scale distributed infrastructures
- Strong with one or more languages (Go, Python, Java, Ruby or similar)
- Extensive experience with leading cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services
- Extensive experience with “infrastructure as code” and automation/configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet, or Terraform as well as the selection process around these tools
- Extensive experience working with Linux containers, schedulers and surrounding tools such as Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Expertise in creating automated CI/CD Pipelines with tools such as Jenkins
- Strong background managing and supporting Linux servers
- Familiarity with cloud-friendly network architectures and network security best practices
- Ability to communicate technical concepts, possibilities and limitations to a non-technical audience
- High attention to detail and constructive attitude in peer code reviews
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(K) plan with discretionary company match, company paid short and long term disability and life insurance
- Voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance and Identity Protection
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy, including paid time off for volunteering – “Raise Gives Back”
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Company provided continental breakfast items
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V E-Verify Employer
To apply: https://www.raise.com/careers/job/4372?gh_jid=1518803