The Project Coordinator, Translation position reports to the Translation Team Lead and works closely with outside suppliers and project managers to organize ongoing translation projects. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the day-to-day coordination and communications for all translation projects that involve work conducted by outside vendors and contractors.
- Monitoring project plans, schedules, resource allocation, and project-related needs.
- Verifying that correct templates and checklists are available and used or prepared for use prior to project launch.
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on time to meet project deadlines.
- Identifying project risks and issues that might delay the project and coordinating with the appropriate team(s) to provide solutions.
- Documenting relevant action items and following up to achieve issue resolution.
- Contributing to the development of improved workflow and processes.
- Developing project strategies and ensuring that project scope adheres to parameters and frameworks.
- Determining and coordinating project changes while guarding against scope creep.
- Helping train new and existing employees on current and future initiatives, workflows, and technologies.
- Able to maintain high-quality work and thrive in a deadline-driven, high-volume production environment .
- Personable with the ability to maintain a sense of humor under pressure.
- High degree of professionalism .
- Exposure to working with or (preferably) within a remote team.
- Desire to learn new skills and technologies and the acumen to suggest alternative work methods in the interest of saving time and resources.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Completing project tasks as required.
- Spanish, Mathematics, Science, or language arts curriculum background as a teacher or writer is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in project coordination.
- 2+ years of experience in educational publishing production.
- Familiarity with entire publishing process, including directing offshore vendors.
- Ability to adapt quickly, maintain high-quality work in the dynamic, ever-evolving environment of publishing.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and the ability to shift quickly between the two.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite and knowledge of and experience with Smartsheet or similar task management platforms.
- Ability to learn new software and processes quickly.
- Exceptional administrative, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish fluently.
- Experience with translation of documents and review of translated documents in Spanish to ensure accuracy, consistency, and correctness in text and formatting.
- A love of languages, translating, and ensuring delivery of the highest quality products.
- Experience managing high volume translation projects.
- Located in Washington DC; this position can be remote.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Please apply on our Careers page: .
- If selected a background check will be required.