We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 50 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
We’re looking for a talented writer to help us develop an exciting new audio project at Calm that will create a unique way for millions of people to start their day. Each session (~5 minutes) will focus on a different subject that helps listeners learn something new in an inspiring, entertaining, and motivating way. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a narrative nonfiction style and creating an ongoing pipeline of scripts.
- Research topics and themes for script ideas
- Create an ongoing bank of 5 minute scripts from the above research that are inspirational and educational, yet entertaining
- Compile relevant memorable quotes tied to the above themes
- Craft catchy titles and intriguing descriptions for each script
- Occasionally assist outside talent in crafting talking points/scripts
- Work with other writers to guide and edit their work, maintaining a unified voice
- Organize and archive all content via Dropbox and track status updates through internal project management tools
- Manage overall script pipeline and coordinate across the wider content team
- An experienced narrative nonfiction writer comfortable working with tight deadlines and full autonomy
- Able to write for the ear, in a style crafted for vocal delivery and auditory consumption
- Well versed in the personal development space, or at least excited to dive into it!
- Creative and able to write with a specific narrator in mind, able to match tone, style, and humor
- Able to distill information down in a concise, entertaining, and compelling way
- Possess strong organizational skills, research skills, attention to detail, and creative instincts
- Able to share constructive feedback and guide a team of writers to help produce their best work
- A self-starter who is internally motivated and thrives in a fast-paced production environment
- Proven track record of creating high-quality content, with the ability to work quickly while not sacrificing quality
- Professional background might involve literary nonfiction, feature writing, podcast, radio, broadcast journalism, screenwriting, late night television, documentary, or some strange and fantastic combination thereof
– Competitive salary and equity
– Take what you need PTO
– We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
– Commuter benefits
– Life insurance and disability benefits
– Apple equipment
– Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks – snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
– Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!
The post Lead Content Writer appeared first on Jobspresso.