Headquarters: Louisville, Kentucky URL:
Every package a business ships needs to get to its customers on time, every time. That’s why we take shipping seriously at Packlane. Customers won’t settle for good enough and neither will we. We’re looking for someone (that’s you) who takes shipping and logistics as seriously as we do. With the right person coordinating our shipping efforts, we won’t have to settle for “good enough.” Our customers come to us because they want what’s best for their business. And the best starts with Packlane...and you!
What you’ll do:
- Key contact for customer and 3rd party carriers to get accurate quotes & coordinate product pick up and delivery.
- Tracking, tracing, and updating the status (and cost, when applicable) of shipments on a daily basis.
- Generate packaging labels for special needs shipments and assure on-time delivery for Sample Kit fulfillment.
- Ensure compliance with import/export regulations, customs regulations, legal requirements, and company policies.
- Creating BOL’s for LTL and TL freight shipments, sometimes with special location-based services.
- Dynamically prioritize day-to-day workload and have the flexibility to adjust as new priorities come up.
- Work with Packlane customer support reps to address customer shipping questions and concerns.
- Other shipping-related projects and tasks assigned by your supervisor.
- Show off your proficient, positive, and proactive personality in every communication with our customers to always be solving (not deflecting) our customer’s needs.
- Be a steadfast Know-It-All when it comes to order status, product info, technical issues, pricing and more. And if you don’t know it all, you’ll know how to track it down. Fast.
Who You Are:
- A total go-getter. You’re bored if you're not rapid-task-switching and you think in parameters. Nothing is more satisfying for you than knowing a shipment has arrived successfully and on-time.
- Confident. You're excited to be the face of Packlane to the other businesses who order with us. You’re ready to share your personality, think critically, and problem-solve from start-to-finish. You're into video chatting with your coworkers, hopping on a phone call with customers when email or chat isn't a good fit, and you jump at the chance to collaborate with other teams at Packlane.
- Detail-obsessed. You love to discover anything overlooked and live to aggregate the complexities. You plan the tough solutions and find it super rewarding to turn things around with concerned customers.
- Enthusiastic and patient. You look forward to being part of a close-knit team that leads the fun company culture at Packlane as beacons of diplomacy, friendliness, and responsiveness all the time, every time. A communicator at heart, teamwork and clarity keep you going when the work piles on.
- Reliable. Accountable. Dependable. And all the other good -ables. You know what they are.
- Experience working with inventory management, logistics, and excellent customer service skills.
Required Technical Skills:
- Project management systems like Trello and Jira (or similar).
- You know the ins and outs of Google Suite.
- Slack, including threading and emoji proficiency ;-)
- Spreadsheet wizard.
- Excellent grammar and consistent use of spell-check.
- Self-directed fast learner. We try new systems frequently.
Nuts and Bolts:
- Work from almost anywhere! This is a full-time, remote position.
- U.S. residents receive up to $300 per month reimbursement for your healthcare premium.
- $18-$20 USD/hour, depending on experience.
- International applicants are welcome!