Headquarters: Canada URL: http://tesera.com
JOIN TESERA AND DEVELOP WITH US We require a uniquely talented and self motivated Senior Systems Developer to join our team at Tesera! Each day you will use the latest technologies, work on unique and interesting projects and apply new learnings as we strive to become the preferred consulting team for creating data driven applications and integrations in the cloud.
You will support a dynamic team of developers, designers and data scientists while having more time to pursue your passions. We think we can help make your job easy by running an Agile product management process that our clients love, by working on a modern application stack based on Amazon Web Services, by providing clients with differentiating User Experiences built on modern web-technology, and by adding value to application investments through expert integration and middleware.
You will work remotely, have flexible work hours and help us create meaningful and profitable projects. We pride ourselves in learning new technologies and applying that learning to improve the products we create for ourselves and our clients.
Does this sound like the job for you?
WHERE WE NEED YOUR HELP You will be working using our current development stack which includes Node.js, ReactJS, Terraform, PostgreSQL, Github, Codeship, Docker and Amazon Web Services . You will help to support our purpose and values and we will grow together as a gelled team. We will learn together as new technologies enter the market and continue to improve our daily practices. Most of all, we seek a passionate individual with unique skills that is constantly learning and loves to share their knowledge with their team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading project development, assisting where needed, and performing short code reviews
- Working with our teams to plan tasks for weekly sprints
- Reiterating on tasks to follow best development practices
- Completing tasks as they are assigned by Product Managers
- Sharing experiences and learnings with the team
- Processing large amounts of data
- Working with mapping services and creating efficient mapping applications
- Writing tests in Mocha, Selenium, or other
- Project Workflows
- Using Zenhub and a left to right process for completing tasks
- Collaborating on project architecture diagrams and user flow diagrams
- Following priorities specified by product managers on what needs to get done in what order
- Being cognizant of roadblocks and supporting team members by dissolving them
- Suggesting and improving agile development practices for the team
- Staying on top of best development practices and holding yourself and others accountable to those practices
- Reading available code and constantly looking for better ways to solve problems
- Learning and understanding why certain practices are better than others
- Reviewing development documents and manuals
Who are we looking for?
- The Developer candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree or diploma and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Sass, CSS and HTML5, preferably within a web framework such as Bootstrap, Foundation or similar.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience with DevOps.
- Experience architecting and maintaining solutions in Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, or similar.
- Experience writing scripts in PostgreSQL or similar.
- Experience with automated testing methodologies such as unit, acceptance or regression.
- Experience with continuous deployment methods and tools.
- Experience with Leaflet.js, Mapbox, ESRI maps or similar considered a plus.
- AWS Associate or Professional certifications and/or AWS Partner Network (APN) training considered a plus.
- Familiarity with R considered a plus.
HOW TO APPLY? We want to hear about how you can help us. Please describe what about Tesera interests you and how you think you can help pursue our purpose and support our values.
Please send along the following to email@example.com
- A Résumé - what have you done?
- A Cover Letter - how can you help Tesera?
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org