Headquarters: Detroit, MI URL: https://savewithsweet.com
At Sweet, we’re building a modern phone service. We take on big problems in a complicated industry to make staying connected a bit more affordable for everyone.
Sweet is partnered with the nation’s largest networks and has raised more than $7M in venture capital funding from investors like 8VC, Rise of the Rest, and Betaworks. We’re a distributed team of modern technologists that came from top consumer web companies like WordPress, Facebook, and Mailchimp.
About The Role:
As the company begins to grow, we’re looking for an experienced mobile product leader to join as the VP of Product. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to direct Product Strategy at an app-driven company. We’ll provide the flexibility and resources you need to revolutionize the mobile industry with the power of mobile itself. Together we’ll help millions of people stay connected for less.
- Work in partnership with the executive team to build and execute a mobile first Product Strategy that makes it easy for anyone to save with Sweet
- Identify KPIs and work with our outstanding Engineering Team to automate tracking
- Report KPIs and coordinate any necessary user research
- Recruit team members to grow our world class Product Team
- Coach, mentor, and supervise the Product Team
- Build industry expertise and a deep understanding of the market forces that will shape our business today and in the future
- Work closely with our CTO to establish processes for QA on mobile apps releases
- Most importantly: help our users get sweet deals
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years’ experience in Product Management for a consumer-facing brand
- 3+ years’ experience in Mobile
- 2+ years’ experience being responsible for a business line, P&L, or otherwise managing a team with revenue goals
- Data driven: extremely comfortable in the language of data and statistical analysis, you understand the value of a metrics focused strategy
- User focused: track record of developing feedback loops between users and a Product Team to improve user experience and business metrics
- Experience with best practice in general management functions (hiring, performance reviews, one-on-one’s, etc.)
- Well-versed in core concepts related to UI / UX, including direct experience with both qualitative and quantitative analysis, A/B testing, wireframing, prototyping, developing user feedback loops, NPS, etc.
- Strong understanding of the financial principles of running a mobile subscription business, including CAC, MRR, LTV, etc.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with chat interfaces and SMS campaigns
- Familiarity with modern product management and engineering tools (ie. Github, Asana)
- Worked and thrived in a remote team environment
- Remote Team with quarterly meetups
- Benefits like Medical, 401(k), and Unlimited PTO
- Reimbursements for select office supplies, like monitors
If this role feels right for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the description or qualifications.