Headquarters: Detroit, MI URL: https://savewithsweet.com
At Sweet, we’re building a modern phone service. We take on big problems in a complicated industry to make staying connected a bit more affordable for everyone.
Sweet is partnered with the nation’s largest networks and has raised more than $7M in venture capital funding from investors like 8VC, Rise of the Rest, and Betaworks. We’re a distributed team of modern technologists that came from top consumer web companies like WordPress, Facebook, and Mailchimp.
About The Role:
Sweet is looking for an experienced Vice President of Customer Service to join our leadership team. As the VP you’ll be in the driver’s seat, working closely with our COO to build our support organization from the ground up. We’re looking for candidates that focus on providing incredible support through automation. You’ll work closely with our CTO to influence the product & build tools for your team.
In the first year, you will:
- Recruit, hire, and build our CS organization from 1 to 8 employees.
- Implement tools to automate and deliver exceptional customer service with the help of our dedicated Software Engineers.
- Strategically plan organizational growth based on coverage needs to best serve our customers.
- Design and conduct our Customer Service Rep onboarding and training procedures.
- Work with our Engineers to design a reporting and performance evaluation system.
- Plan with our executive team to effectively manage customer service costs to control cost-per-interaction while still maintaining exceptional customer service.
In the second year and beyond, you will:
- Develop recruiting and hiring procedures to scale the team like crazy to support hundreds of thousands of customers.
- Design and implement structural changes to the support organization to support growth.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in customer service for consumer products
- 3+ years of management experience
- Been on the front lines and have provided exceptional customer service to create happy customers
- Built, scaled, and trained a Customer Service team
- Managed a large team, motivating and empowering them to grow as individual contributors and leaders in the company
- Evaluated performance metrics, conducted performance reviews, and implemented performance improvement plans
- Worked and thrived in a remote team environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Successfully sourced and recruited potential team members
- Been a part of and/or lead strategic departmental planning
- Managed complex projects with numerous stakeholders and contributors (PM certification not required)
- Closely collaborated with and/or managed software engineers (or are yourself a former software engineer)
3 Reasons You Should Apply:
- You’ve built something from the ground up and now you’re ready to do it even better, on your terms
- You’re itching for a new challenge
- You enjoy working with incredibly talented people that push you to be better
- Remote Team with quarterly meetups
- Benefits like Medical, 401(k), and Unlimited PTO
- Reimbursements for select office supplies, like monitors
If this role feels right for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the description or qualifications.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org