Close.io · Oct 26th 2019
At Close, we’re building the sales communication and collaboration platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we’re leading the industry in sales automation—helping companies to close more deals, faster than ever. Since our founding in 2013, we’ve grown to become a fully profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 40 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We are seeking a Content & Brand Marketing Producer that will be instrumental in accelerating our marketing efforts and extending our market reach through video and written content. The position will work cross functionally, supporting our product, content, and brand marketing efforts in coordination with our support, product, sales, and executive team.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with previous experience creating high-performing marketing content (video, graphics, written, etc), and who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment. The successful candidate will be customer-oriented, self-motivated and results-driven.
About The Role
You will be responsible for championing the features and benefits of the Close sales platform through thoughtful marketing content that resonates with our target audience of salespeople and startup/small business professionals. You’ll work closely with Danny (Director of Marketing) and our motley crew of marketing crushers.
The main responsibilities of the Content and Brand Marketing Producer:
* Develop and produce engaging video content from conception through completion to support our product, customer success, and marketing efforts. Including but not limited to:
* Video tutorials that highlight, and educate our customers on, our key product features
* Go-to-marketing product and content launch videos that capture the attention of our target market
* Video ads (web format) for product updates and releases
* Review and update existing graphics and videos
* Design templates and visual collateral including product one sheets, landing pages, email designs, on-site graphics, and presentations
* Produce sales enablement assets that our internal sales team can utilize to engage with prospects (case studies, product explainers, etc)
* Work with our content marketing team to create high-value downloadables (checklists, online generators/calculators, eBooks, etc)
* Assist in the development of creative assets for our website including the creation of new pages and template formats.
* Upload assets and monitor engagement and usage trends. Optimize accordingly.
* Work within our existing brand guidelines
* 4+ years experience working within a tech or SaaS organization
* 2+ years in a content marketing or video marketing role with a track record of delivering high quality work product on-time and within budget
* Strong design skills and sensibilities.
* Expert level knowledge of video and graphic design programs including (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc)
* Project management expertise—can create the overall strategy and execute on your projects with minimal oversight
* Must be a skilled writer, with the ability to write in a wide variety of styles and formats (scripts, website copy, blog posts, etc).
* Intermediate understanding of online marketing metrics, with experience in analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc.
* Foundational knowledge of common marketing automation and advertising platforms (popular ESPs, ad networks, social platforms, etc)
* Intermediate to expert SEO knowledge (on-site and off-site SEO)
* Experience in front-end coding (HTML/CSS/JS, GitHub) a plus
* Experience with photography and live video production a plus
The ideal candidate consistently delivers quality work in a fast moving environment. A positive attitude with a strong spirit of collaboration is essential.
What you don’t know, you’ll openly admit, but then you’ll get to work figuring it out (asking others for help and/or digging deep on your own). Your self-motivation and a relentless drive to learn/do more are appreciated by all. You pride yourself on being a “clever thinker”.
You’re comfortable talking with and working alongside our product, sales, development, and customer success teams. You understand your critical part in the overall machine, graciously accepting thoughts and feedback from others while offering your own expertise where you can. You pride yourself on being “overly communicative”.
You are comfortable working remotely as part of a small team, with a high level of autonomy. You can devise your own schedule and effectively manage your workload based on the biggest opportunities and company objectives.
When you’re in the wrong or make a mistake you can admit it. You can articulate why it happened and how you’ve learned from the experience.
You are in a European or American timezone.
Above all, you understand that your success—and our success—hinges on the satisfaction and loyalty of our customers.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization – we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 14 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community.
This team is growing in more ways than one – we’ve recently launched 8 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.