Headquarters: Austin, TX URL:
Growth Machine is expanding quickly, and we need your help to be the best SEO agency on the internet.
We're hiring a full time link building assistant to work with our Director of SEO to help our clients land the links they need to support their content.
You'll be in charge of improving our systems to manage outreach at scale, building and maintaining a partner database, researching prospective sites to partner with, and assisting with the link outreach.
In addition, you'll get a behind-the-scenes look at how we grow sites to hundreds of thousands of monthly readers, how we publish 100+ articles per week, how we've built and grown an SEO agency, and the latest strategies for using SEO as an acquisition channel.
This is a great opportunity for someone newer to SEO looking to master it, or someone who already knows some SEO and wants to apply their skills at scale.
Our link building service is expanding quickly, and you'll have a ton of opportunities to take on a larger role in the company over time.
Who We Are
Growth Machine is a 7-figure SEO and content marketing agency supporting major ecommerce and technology companies.
Each month, our content is read by over 3,000,000 people in categories like health & wellness, travel, cooking & food, management, sales, the gig economy, personal finance, and more.
Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Shopify, Ahrefs, GrowthHackers, and ClickMinded, and we've worked with many of the top content marketing teams in the country.
Who You Are
- You Love SEO: You read up on the latest updates, follow the thought leaders in the space, and are always looking for new things to try to boost your rankings.
- You're Data Driven: Spreadsheets are one of your favorite tools, and your comfortable working with large amounts of information.
- You're Organized: You love setting up new systems, you keep your cool if things get chaotic, and you can juggle lots of projects and requests at once.
- You're Autonomous: This is a remote role, so being comfortable figuring things out on your own as appropriate is a must.
- You're Comfortable with Cold Outreach: Cold emailing isn't always fun, so you need to be comfortable with being told "no" to your requests without being demotivated.
- You're Systems Focused: This is not a role where we want you to just go through the motions. You should have a mind towards improving the systems you're working with to keep getting more and more efficient.
- Outreach: A core part of link building is reaching out to sites to request links, so much of your time will be spent using different tools to do outreach at scale. Think hundreds of emails a day.
- Relationship Building: We maintain an internal database of people we have relationships with for link building, so when you'll always be on the lookout for new sites to partner with to accelerate your efforts.
- Systems Building: We've done a lot of work to design an extremely efficient link building system, but we can always use more help. You'll work with our Director of SEO to continue to improve our process for outreach, test new emails, improve our prospecting process, and anything else to help us build more links
Benefits of working with us
- Remote Work: Some of us are based in Austin, but you don't have to be. You can work from anywhere in a US timezone.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance 100% covered for you and 50% for your family.
- Life Insurance: We cover life insurance for 2x your salary up to 200k, and you can add up to 500k in additional coverage.
- 401k: You'll have access to a 401k with a 6% company match.
- Profit Sharing: Each quarter we're profitable, a portion of that profit is split amongst the team.
- Vacation and Holiday: 20 days paid vacation time, and we take off all major holidays, including a week over the New Year. Additional days per year with the company.
- Team Retreats: Team trips each year to cities like Austin, LA, Chicago to get some time together in person.
- Flexible Hours: Want to go to the gym in the afternoon or prefer working later in the day? Not a problem as long as your work is done.