Headquarters: Los Angeles, California US URL: https://nomadix.com
Nomadix is seeking an experienced and self-motivated DevOps professional who has a passion for designing and delivering world-class deployment systems in a diverse cloud environment. The successful candidate will maintain all aspects of our existing AWS infrastructure and extend the stack as necessary to meet our scaling and security needs. As a member of a distributed Engineering and Operations team, you will be primarily responsible for our application infrastructure and continuous integration services.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a profitable and growing company that is the leader in wireless access gateways. This position requires an experienced and competent individual that takes pride in a job well-done and has the wherewithal to pull it off.
Candidates should possess effective interpersonal communications skills and be able to manage and prioritize deployments and tooling initiatives based upon the needs of the business. Successful candidates will work closely with our Engineering and Product Management Teams and have a passion for building highly scalable and available Cloud-delivered applications to support our internal and external customers.
- Manage all activities related to the company’s cloud-hosted SaaS-delivered applications, including deployment, monitoring, scaling, securing, etc.
- Support our application infrastructure and continuous integration services in a dynamic and evolving environment.
- Help to define and implement procedures that improve the security and reliability of the company’s SaaS products.
- Participate in on-call rotations assigned and shared by members of the team.
Operational Experience with the following (or similar) types of Systems and Technologies:
- Experience with most AWS Services (EC2, ECS, ELB, EBS, S3, CloudFront, RDS, Elasticache, Route53, SNS, Lambda Functions, CloudWatch, IAM, WAF, etc.)
- Infrastructure automation (Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform, etc), monitoring, and CI/CD pipelines for always-up, always-available applications and services.
- Containerization and micro-services using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Common scripting and programming technologies such as Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Configuring and maintaining application interaction with database sources i.e. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, NoSQL, Hadoop, etc. Experience with database administration would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of foundational networking protocols and technologies including, but not limited to DNS, SMTP, DHCP, HTTP, TCIP/IP, VPN, SSL, etc.
- Ability to innovate and use creative means to seize opportunities and address issues.
- Possessed of high integrity as reflected in acts and words.
- Able to manage self and others with openness and transparency.
- Willing to accept responsibility and accountability for commitments made to others.
- Naturally passionate and enthusiastic about the work you do.
- Experience – Extensive recent experience (4+ years) in production DevOps/IT operations using AWS or other cloud providers to support a high-traffic application.
- Education – Evidence of formal training in the field, such as a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another IT or Engineering discipline, network certifications or other recognized industry training and certification schemes.
Salary Competitive with equity opportunity and excellent benefits.