Headquarters: Stuttgart, Germany 🇩🇪 URL: https://InstaLOD.com/ Position Overview
InstaLOD is searching for passionate C++ software developers experienced with the Qt and 3D frameworks. We're not just looking for coworkers but for stakeholders and adventurers – driven people that want to make a difference through their work. Whether your passion is researching new algorithms, creating beautiful UIs or writing complex real-time shaders, you’re guaranteed to find something that keeps you motivated!
But that's just one piece of the puzzle. We have two additional sister companies, InstaReconstruct (InstaREC) and InstaMaterial (InstaMAT), that we're actively looking to scale up with talented individuals. At InstaREC, we’re currently working towards the release of our next-generation photogrammetry and scan processing solution. As such we're looking for stakeholders experienced in photogrammetry, point-cloud rendering, and/or mesh reconstructions. And at InstaMAT we'll introduce elemental tools for the creation and automatic generation of 3D materials. We're looking for experience in compiler programming, shaders, and/or AI technologies like TensorFlow in the area of image processing. If you're interested in applying for either one of these companies, please keep reading.
The kind of people we’re looking for:
- Self-starter with a getting-things-done attitude: You have a solid C++ background (4+ years) and you’re not scared of big code-bases and tricky tasks. Your work methods are well-structured and self-organized and you love moving tasks from the backlog to done. You also understand the project, and create tasks for epics that need to be worked on next. Effectivity when working is important to you, so you rely on software such as Slack, GIT, Sourcetree, Sublime, Trello and JIRA.
- You love to improve and always seek to learn: You’re not only part of a team that’s just working on the code base. You’re part of a team that makes sure everybody’s skills and the quality of our code base continuously improves.
- Collaborative and Self-Aware: You understand what’s necessary to create a collaborative engineering culture. You help build understanding and empathy within your team, and actively work to bring people into the conversation and understand their viewpoint.
What you’ll do:
- First, we will figure out the area that you can thrive in and become a stakeholder of the engineering process.
- We’ll do this through an open dialog with you, when we talk about projects you’d like to drive at our company that would overlap well with your experience.
- You’ll be working on products and technology that you find interesting and challenging.
- You have shipped titles in the AAA games industry.
- You have work experience at major companies or competitors in our space.
- Experience managing large engineering projects.
- Proficient with 3D frameworks such as OpenGL, Vulkan or Direct X.
- Ability to write material shaders with HLSL, GLSL or Metal.
- Experience with lighting and rendering techniques.
- Familiar with 3D engine development.
Location and Benefits:
- Transit-friendly office location at the heart of Stuttgart, Germany.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Cubicle-free environment with flexible hours.
- 20 days paid vacation + 12 paid federal holidays.
- Friendly office culture, casual dress code, and a cheerful Labrador office dog.
- Food catering to the office and unlimited espresso.
When you apply:
- Submit an up-to-date resume,
- and a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at our company.
We don’t have a career website for InstaMAT or InstaREC so feel free to submit your application at InstaLOD's career section.
We appreciate all interested candidates and look forward to hearing from you soon.
To apply: https://InstaLOD.com/career/