We are looking for a tenacious, passionate, creative, software-driven individual to guide the design and development of our subscription billing software.
OBJECTIVE #1 Take on a project and see it to its end.
- Potential Obstacles: We have many projects running and in a self-managed, remote environment, it’s tempting to pick up a new project (or three) before your first project is completed.
- Actions: Understand the value of completions and use your tenacity to carry each project to the very end.
- Results: Your project completion numbers in Jira are stellar and you have concentration available for the handful of projects on your plate.
OBJECTIVE #2 Work as a synchronous team in a remote environment.
- Potential Obstacles: Working remote has many personal and team-based challenges from timezone differences, to communication and trust of your colleagues.
- Actions: Develop deep working relationships with your colleagues to know what they’re working on, and how to support each other.
- Results: The team culture is strong, Rebilly’s bigger projects efficiently move forward.
OBJECTIVE #3 Help your colleagues raise their skills with thoughtful code reviews and feedback on ideas.
- Potential Obstacles: Your day will be filled with your own projects and priorities, and offering feedback to a remote team from afar can be intimidating.
- Actions: Prioritize your schedule and share your unique knowledge and experience to help make your team stronger.
- Results: Your team is more precise, creative, and their knowledge is deepened with your help.
KEY FUNCTIONAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- What will you manage? Each teammate at Rebilly manages themselves, which means you get to pick the projects you work on. Along with that, you’ll be responsible for ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, code standards, testing, release, and reporting updates on your projects.
- What will you contribute to? You will contribute to code reviews, feedback for ideas (including the ideas for other areas of the company), and hiring new teammates in the Product Team.
- What will you support? Outside of generally supporting your teammates in the Product Circle, Rebilly is an open environment where everyone is welcome in every area of the company. You are welcome to support any project you feel called to participate in.
- How much support per project? You can ask as many teammates to join your project as you need to complete the mission.
SOME OF THE PROJECTS WE ARE WORKING ON
- Customer Billing Portal - create a secure and highly customizable customer billing portal
- Auth Service - decompose the monolith application into loosely coupled services
- Metered Billing - ongoing development of our billing solutions
- Automation - integration with small business software
- Dashboards - create reporting API’s for our clients' dashboards
Please send your resume through Apply By API:
- Apply By API* -
- Small code challenge (unless you have extensive open source contributions)
- Interview with the Product Team
- Interview with the Product Team Lead
- Offer and Hiring The total process should take less than 2 weeks. *We are only accepting applications through ApplyByAPI at this time.
WORKING AT REBILLY
Check us out at
Rebilly offers a competitive salary, training and development, birthday lunches, and provides the computer of your choosing. You are welcome to work out of our Montreal office, remotely out of Austin (occasionally meeting with our team here for lunch or happy hour, otherwise set up as a 100% remote/work from home environment), or anywhere on the globe that you choose as a fully remote employee. Further perks and benefits are dependent on your work location of choice.
Rebilly is a Teal Organization, meaning our organizational structure may differ than what you’re used to, but we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. In a very tiny nutshell, this means that as an organization we value self-management, self-organization, as well as the wholeness of the individuals that make up our team (meaning you should be yourself at work, and do the work that inspires you.)
Rebilly is subscription billing software that helps businesses who need to handle recurring invoices and payments. Rebilly’s comprehensive feature set is built to help our merchants get more of their customers from the order form to the thank you page, and more renewals paid. We took lessons learned from years of experience in the subscription business and millions of subscribers and applied them to make our payment system clever, flexible, and easy to use for our clients.